We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort music

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
311 posts
19 reviews
Resort music

Hi all,

A long shot I think but this is best place to ask with all the resident experts. It is regarding a song that is popular in restaurants. I was told it was a traditional kurd song but unable to find. It is usually played around the same time as "kiss kiss" by tarkan. the beginning and main musical theme is similar to bagpipes, although not as much of a "drone", part of the song sounds like the singer is singing "we we we we we" and also "sher mammy", although it is no doubt nothing like that, I apologise for being vague but hopefully someone will recognise my naff description, fingers crossed you can help, my wife asked me to find out.

Eastleigh, United...
Level Contributor
254 posts
30 reviews
1. Re: Resort music

Hi cmac.

Can offer limited help here.I know the record you mean.

Firstly in the resort the dvd sellers also sell cds for probably something like 8 for £10.

I have one called Turkish Folk Dance and most of the holiday traditional songs are on this.

I cannot remember if the one you are referring to is on there or not.

Next time you here it played in the resort just ask and the waiter will write down the song for you or if you are a regular in that establishment they will probably copy it on to a cd for you.

They play that track in Romance most nights and i believe it is a Kurdish song.

As i said limited help.

Good luck mate.

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
311 posts
19 reviews
2. Re: Resort music

Thanks, is the cd a legit cd or bootleg compilation ? we bought some cds/dvds from emre's toy shop just at cross beside exchange office but did not think to ask. I asked when in aysima and atilla said he would put on cd but the last night we were in they were busy and he was not around when we left, I thought it would be easy enough to trace but not having a name or title is proving tricky. its like back in the day when you went to a record shop and asked for the song that went "doo be doo be doo", and the owner would look at you as if you were daft !!!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Resort music

Hi the song may be davul zurna "the gida dance" 10 years old but still a fav in turkey, if it is and you can't find it to buy then pm me!

orwich
Level Contributor
172 posts
4. Re: Resort music

Hi Ive joined in many times & danced to this Song we brought a cd from deja vu last year & all its listed as Is turkish dance

orwich
Level Contributor
172 posts
5. Re: Resort music

Zurna Is a Wind instrument & daval Is a drum as for Song maybe One of the de s know

scotland
Level Contributor
1,093 posts
51 reviews
6. Re: Resort music

Just looked this up on youtube and brought back memories. Love watching the Turkish men dancing to this, have even joined in a couple of times.

Eastleigh, United...
Level Contributor
254 posts
30 reviews
7. Re: Resort music

cmac this was a bootleg cd as you would probably expect lol.

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
311 posts
19 reviews
8. Re: Resort music

do you have a link for youtube ? I cant find the one with we we we etc on it

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
311 posts
19 reviews
9. Re: Resort music

is it called "LELE NAZE" ?? I have found that and it sounds like it, just not the right "mix"

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
311 posts
19 reviews
10. Re: Resort music

I FOUND IT !!!! Its Adnan Oktar - Semmamme dansi !!! Finally, easier finding Lord Lucan :-)

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations