We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel republic??

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
402 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
travel republic??

Hi everyone we arw looking at using these to book for next yeat as they are far cheaper than others, has anyone used them? And they are asking for nearly full amount to be paid immediately is this normal?

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,705 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel republic??

I have never had a problem with Travel Republic and yes, payment in full (or near to it) is usual. Just be aware that you aren't buying a package holiday from them ... they are an agent who does your booking with the flight company, accommodation provider, etc for you.

Jak xx

Kingston-upon-Hull...
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: travel republic??

i have used travel republic for the last 6 yrs and not had any problems,them and a few other firms want a lot deposit because they say its the flights you pay for,has most airlines want flight fare in full,they are cheap holidays its just the deposit what spoils it

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,823 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travel republic??

We have used them a few times for hotels/apartments,and some times for both the flight and accommodation,came back 2 weeks ago from the Kapmar hotel that I had booked through them,and I only paid £28 deposit then the balance 3 weeks before we went..On the other hand when we have booked accommodation plus flight,we have had to pay for the flight in full and a small deposit for accommodation.thats why its a lot all at once..Its better to book the flight direct with the flight company,and then use them for your hotel...We have never had a problem at all when we have used them though,and we have used them for Turkey Greece,Spain and Canaries...

Wendy

Mentioned in this post
Kapmar Hotel
Kapmar Hotel
622 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Greece
Greece
Europe
Spain
Spain
Europe
Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
402 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travel republic??

Thank you for your speedy replies much appreciated

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,776 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travel republic??

I've used them a few times over the last 2 - 3 years and never had a problem. However I never book too far in advance, usually 6 - 8 weeks beforehand, so have to pay in full anyway.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
141 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: travel republic??

We have used them in the past, very good company. Payment in near full or full is normal with them.

London, United...
Level Contributor
528 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: travel republic??

First time we used them - 6.00am flight to Majorca - and we found we were not on the flight list and had to pay lots to fly out wondering if we had a hotel booking and a flight home. All was well with the hotel which was great value and we did get the money we paid out on the flight out but no recompense for the many phone calls.

Having said that, it may have been the fault of Thomas Cook for the flight (not my favourite) and have gone on and booked flights and hotels with TR - great value - and, if there is a hitch, they do pay the basic cost.

Mentioned in this post
Majorca
Majorca
Balearic Islands, Spain
8. Re: travel republic??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2015, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler