We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Couple age 23!

manchester
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Help! Couple age 23!

Hi everyone!

Hope someone can help us!

Me and my boyfriend have the habit of leaving booking a holiday to very last minute and then panic about not having any choice.

I have been to Turkey 10 times and loved it. I have been to side 9, times and altinkum once. Loved side with all my heart but wasn't a fan of altinkum.

My boyfriend was always a bit skeptical of coming to Turkey as he has heard negative things about the local men despite my many attempts to tell him that this is not the case!

Anyway due to our budget this year we are looking at Turkey and I finally get to go back!. I was thinking either ichmeler or olu deniz.

Things we want out of our holiday:

1. Gorgeous SANDY beach (Pebbles make me angry)

2. Good selection of bars and restaurants (livley bars but not big livley nightclubs with dreadful music haha)

3. We like music like the Beatles/ Rolling Stones etc so any bars anyone knows of let us know!

4. Boat trips/ historical sites/ beauty spots

And that's it!

If anyone has any info about prices of things also.

Main items:

1. Pint of locally brewed beer

2. Steak meal

3. Cocktails

Any info about any other resort would be appreciated also!

Don't ask for much do I ;)

Thanks!!! Xxx

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,104 posts
46 reviews
1. Re: Help! Couple age 23!

Well if a sandy beach is your main priority Icmeler will let you down. The beach is mainly small pieces of grit and is very sore on bare feet. There are some parts of the beach that are better than others but generally the beach is not the main attraction Not been to Olu however the beach there is supposed to be very good.

Apart from that icmeler ticks all of your boxes. great variety of restaurants and bars and generally great value. Icmeler does tend to be one of the better value for money resorts. Good trips and excursions.

icmeler is larger than Olu, however it is still fairly compact and has a great atmosphere to the resort.

check out the top questions to the right side of the page which will give an idea of prices, bars etc.

orwich
Level Contributor
172 posts
2. Re: Help! Couple age 23!

Olu deniz Is smaller than icmeler & we found it boring after two weeks Not enough to Do the beach Is great but it slopes into the sea also the pull of the tide Is strong saying That the national park Is just a short stroll away & Is beautiful its a inlet No waves but if you want all the other things you said icmeler Has lots to offer

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,783 posts
18 reviews
3. Re: Help! Couple age 23!

As we are not beach lovers we found the attraction of Olu Deniz quite limited with night life being a bit low key. It certainly did not have the number or quality of restaurants you find in Icmeler which is a lot bigger and has restaurants to suit every taste. Have a look at Hisaronu which is in the hills just up from Olu Deniz. It is a lot livelier but is only 10 minutes on the dolmus from the beach at Olu Deniz. On balance though I would say Icmeler is more suited to your needs although you may have to travel to the better beaches.

Edited: 07 July 2014, 21:25
Southport, United...
Level Contributor
2,654 posts
10 reviews
4. Re: Help! Couple age 23!

Have a look at Dalyan if you want a beautiful unspoiled sandy beach. It's at the end of a very scenic 40 min boat trip through the reeds to the delta, or 20 mins by dolmus, also a scenic route.

There are rock tombs on the other side of the river which are lit up at night. There are also the ancient ruins of Caunos on the oppsite side of the river to explore. You can do another trip to the other end of the river to the small town of Koygeciz, where there is a market, there is a market in Dalyan as well.

Plenty of restaurants and bars to suit all tastes and pockets.

Have a look at............ http://www.dalyanholiday.co.uk/

Also Dalyan here on Trip Advisor.......... tripadvisor.co.uk/Tourism-g311315-Dalyan_Mug…

5. Re: Help! Couple age 23!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 00:47
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations