We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Warning Resort Hoppa Speedy shuttle

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
274 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Warning Resort Hoppa Speedy shuttle

Just back from Icmeler and would like to warn anyone who has booked a speedy shuttle with resort hoppa of my experience with them. There is nothing speedy about this shuttle as on this occassion I had to wait for two other flights to come in from Leeds and Glasgow before the coach departed from Dalaman airport , waiting time total at the airport was 45 mins. The coach finally departed and as usual a stop was made for the 15 minute comfort break which turned out to be for 25 minutes due to the coach driver making numerous phone calls finally made it to Marmaris where visitors to icmeler and turunc etc were asked to leave the coach and now had to get on to mini buses. Got on to the mini bus and the mini bus made two more drop offs in Marmaris before proceeding on to Icmeler and two more drop offs were completed before I was dropped off. To make matters worse someone had picked up one of my bags and I made the driver go back to the last drop off and search for my bag as someone else had picked it up in error, the bag was eventually found. I checked in at the resort hoppa desk Dalaman at 20:40 and reiterated that I was on a speedy shuttle, I also confirmed this with the driver of the coach that my transfer was a speedy shuttle but did not arrive at my destination until 00:50. As I had previously booked a speedy shuttle to Egypt which also turned out to be a coach trip with 7 drop offs in January , I had emailed resort hoppa prior to departing that they would confirm that it would be a speedy shuttle which they did.

I have reported this on their website on facebook and they have refunded £7.70 into my account, hello it was not about the money , it's about the amount of time wasted, resort hoppa promised a speedy shuttle but the transfer took longer than the flight. I had also booked a speedy shuttle with them for september holiday but I am going to cancel this and book a private transfer.

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,164 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Warning Resort Hoppa Speedy shuttle

Oh dear - that's anything but "speedy" is it? I would definitely go for the private transfer next time...

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
274 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Warning Resort Hoppa Speedy shuttle

Cancelled my transfer for my September holiday and will now book a private transfer, any recommendations will be welcome. Will never use resort hoppa again, transfer arrived for my 01:40 flight at 18:15 despite the email confirmation that it was 20:00

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,164 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Warning Resort Hoppa Speedy shuttle

Icmeler Online - very reliable. They also do a speedy shuttle, which I know a couple of our other DEs have used on several occasions and always been very happy with.

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,778 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Warning Resort Hoppa Speedy shuttle

I have used IcmelerOnline for the Speedy Shuttle and was happy with the journey which took 2 hours and included a 15 minute comfort stop. However nothing beats the luxury and comfort of a private transfer if you are happy to pay the extra. I've used DM Transfers for private transfers and found them to be excellent.

Edited: 08 July 2014, 17:36
southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Warning Resort Hoppa Speedy shuttle

I have used the shuttle twice with Icmeler on line. Will be using them in september too

stoke-on-trent
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Warning Resort Hoppa Speedy shuttle

how much is the speedy shuttle with Icmeler on line, Thanks. Gavin.

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,164 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Warning Resort Hoppa Speedy shuttle

If you go onto their website - www.icmeleronline.com - and click on "book airport transfers" you will see all the different transfers they do, from shuttles to private transfers and get a quote.

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,778 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Warning Resort Hoppa Speedy shuttle

Cost us £35.00 for 2 return.

Sorry just saw blondiescot's reply. That lets you see all the options and prices.

Edited: 08 July 2014, 23:49
Aberdeen, Scotland
Level Contributor
2 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Warning Resort Hoppa Speedy shuttle

I used resorto hoppa last night we were the only ones on the bus. Took 1.15 hours. Luck of the draw I guess.

North yorkshire
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Warning Resort Hoppa Speedy shuttle

DM transfers are the best very polite and on time used the 5 times.

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations