We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it quieter this year 2014?

Manchester, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Is it quieter this year 2014?

I'm just wondering if it has gone quieter this year. As I've heard there is a new mayor and there have been a lot of changes. No more lively bars and it is fairly quiet with tourists? Is this true, thanks.

Home Bistro
₹, European, Turkish, International
Golden Moon champagne steak house
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Steakhouse, Pizza, Mediterranean
Sevgi Bar
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Pub
edinburgh, scotland
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
4,971 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it quieter this year 2014?

I think it is generally a bit quieter than usual - although places are still busy and I know people who have had problems trying to get booked into a number of hotels or apartments because they are full, so there are still plenty of tourists going to Icmeler. It's not exactly true to say there are no more lively bars - there is still music and entertainment on and some places seem to be very lively indeed, so I think it's just a case of having a wander around and seeing which places you fancy.

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
Peterborough...
Level Contributor
748 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it quieter this year 2014?

Agree with Blondiescot.

When I was there last month there seemed no pattern at all.

Places were packed one evening then not so busy the next and then packed again the night after - it seemed very random.

The beach was busy every day and some days if people arrived later they couldn't get a sunbed.

Plenty of people are still traveliing & I've just tried to get my friend a room in October but there are no more rooms where we are staying so she will have to stay elsewhere.

Edited: 07 July 2014, 14:04
3. Re: Is it quieter this year 2014?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2015, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler