We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

were back... great time...as usual.

stoke-on-trent
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
were back... great time...as usual.

Hi all, got back on the 3rd july after 10 days, did car parking with skyparks secure @ toad park & ride...just past jet parks 3...cost me a fortune... £22.99 11DAYS. flew with thomson and was the first time i had done the online check in...quite surprised, bag drop, security, departure area quicker than i thought...though we did just miss the new security measures,so i dont know if we would have been held up much. both flight there and back on time.. only fault was airplane..2..4..2.. seating..think boeing 767-300ER.has seat back screens, but as normal not in use on shortish haul flights.WHY..cost cutting. did normal transfer with thomson with comfort stop and drop off's, approx. 2.5 hrs. speedy check in @ club greenworld. nice looking place at the very back of the old village where the dolmus turns around and goes back, to icmeler center for 2 lira..or marmaris for 2.5 lire which i thought was a rip off because marmaris is miles away for the extra.50 cents .green world is a spotless and very clean self catering complex with great pool area and two slides open from 11.30am-12 noon & 2.30pm- 3.00pm, turkish harman,fitness gym(which i looked at...once),mini market and restaurant.(which serves good food.)because of its remote location there are no other bars or mini markets within reasnably walking distance considering the heat..nearest bar and mini market is next to tommys bar so you have no price comparison, beer,food and supermarket prices cheaper without dought in town... went to friends(in square),yolo, harrys steak bar,harmony(stella show), florida,club attrium (marmaris), and apartments restaurant and never had a bad meal, though wife was not overly pleased with yolo.went on boat trip with captain Bulls"it 3 times as we normally go with mel & ali very clean and fun trip. met some really nice people while we were there from all over the uk and some nice turkish people from istanbul.. think i covered most things , were back in september...sorry icmeler folks, but its marmaris... hope this helps a bit... to all going soon have a good time, kind regards. Gavin

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,778 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: were back... great time...as usual.

Thanks for the review Gavin. I've never stayed that far back. Did you find, because of the journey into the centre, that you spent more time than normal at your accommodation. Also what was your opinion on the cut back in entertainment.

Balloch, United...
Level Contributor
694 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: were back... great time...as usual.

Thanks for your review Gavin which makes good reading and sounds like you had a good time. I have stayed 3 times in Greenworld and as you say it is a good complex but we prefer being a little nearer to the village now.

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: were back... great time...as usual.

thanks for a brilliant review Gavin sounds like you had a great time

stoke-on-trent
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: were back... great time...as usual.

thanks, Iain yes we did a little but mainly to keep owen(grandson) happy as he likes M J and breakdancers and the kids mini disco. not overly botherd about entertainment as we were more interested in a good meal and people watch , though clap clap man appeared at friends but my wife finds him a bit arrogant, me to for that matter. tina we were at avlu 1 last year and like you found it an ideal position, sue yes we did.. thanks for all your comments, Gavin

5. Re: were back... great time...as usual.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2015, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations