We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back here is my review.

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,827 posts
162 reviews
Save Topic
Just back here is my review.

Just back early yesterday morning,flew with Easyjet on the 19th June till 3rd July good flights both ways apart from a little delay going out....Had a private transfer with Seagull Transfers and they were spot on both ways,lovely plush 6 seater going and again on return a plush 8 seater Mercedes and were given cold bottles of water,really comfy safe journey as there was only the 2 of us in the vehicle took around an hour and 15 mins,will use them again...

We stayed on a B/B board at the Kapmar Hotel plenty of choice at breakfast suited us fine,I requested a mid floor room facing the front and we got exactly that room 308 with lovely views looking on to the square.Rooms were plenty big enough for the 2 of us and plenty of wardrobe space and drawers and a decent size bathroom,they were cleaned everyday with fresh towels each day aswell and bedding changed 3 times each week..Lovely pool area with plenty of sun loungers again kept spotlessly clean.Snacks and drinks were very good and so was the prices at the bar..All the staff were lovely and did a very good job to make your holiday a good one

There is a restaurant at the front of the hotel and if you are staying at the hotel you get 10% discount on any meals eaten in there,we did have an evening meal one night and it was very nice the mixed grill was huge and prices again were very good...We did the Turkish night at the hotel which was excellent value,35 lira each which included the barbecue of lamb shish,meat balls and chicken breast,pide, pitta bread lots of mezzes and salad and fruit and Turkish deserts.The entertainment was a belly dancer and 2 other traditional folk dancing groups,and then there was competions and games,was a great night..

We had some lovely evening meals at Meryem Yemek Evi,Alins Grill,Deniz Kapasi,Selam,Kardelen,Hanedens,Love Star,Champion Bar and Holiday Bar,Harry Rams and Oasis Restaurant in Marmaris,and enjoyed each and everyone..

Had some very good nights in the Scotia Bar,Wonder Boys and the new Cartier Chill Bar,to name a few..

We spent most of our days down on the beach at B&S café where drinks and snacks again were very reasonably priced,loved the Iced Coffee and the Iced Strawberry drinks on the beach..

We only did 2 trips..

First was the Surf n Turf boat trip booked at Icmeler Travel Centre,a fab lazy day cruise around the Aegean coast,only 25 people on the boat and no boom boom music a fab lunch and an hour in Seliyme,it was an A/I trip with bottled beers, spirits soft drinks,water and tea and coffee and a different scenic route to and from the boat,well worth £25 each..

Secondly we did the Akyaka trip by jeep booked with Eric at April Travel,another lovely day out and a trip down the river in Akyaka and lunch in a restaurant there,we then called at a lovely pool for an hour on the way back...£20 each great value..

Really had a great holiday no hassle at all just a relaxing time..

Wendy

orwich
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back here is my review.

That was a great read wendy liked the Sound of your boat Trip cant wait till we go

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,138 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back here is my review.

Thanks for posting your review, Wendy - glad you had such a good time.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back here is my review.

A fantastic, enjoyable read....thank you

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back here is my review.

See you mentioned the meryem yemer evi in your report, what's it like & what are the prices like there as I've seen it mentioned a few times on here & I was thinking of trying whilst over there next week

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,138 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just back here is my review.

Meryem Yemek Evi is great - it does fantastic, no frills Turkish home cooking and great value too. The food is superb and the guys who run it are really helpful and friendly too and will recommend dishes to you if you're not sure what you might like. It was the find of the holiday for us last year, and we were delighted to see it was every bit as good this year.

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just back here is my review.

thanks for posting wendy, brilliant review

Balloch, United...
Level Contributor
694 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just back here is my review.

Another informative review Wendy and sounds like you had a good time. Thanks for posting.

York
Level Contributor
132 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just back here is my review.

Good to hear about Seagull Transfers. We have booked them. We've always done the tour operator's transfers but at possibly 2am, we want to be at the hotel ASAP and not a possible 2-3 hours later!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
575 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just back here is my review.

Lovely review Wendy

manchester
Level Contributor
232 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just back here is my review.

Lovely read on a lazy Sunday morning Wendy.. Thanks for sharing...

Jan

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations