We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current Sterling exchange rate

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
38 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Current Sterling exchange rate

Anyone got any (very) recent info on exchange rates in Icmeler ? I can get 3.4 from HSBC currently, just wondering whether to take a bit more than just to cover the first couple of days, or whether local exchange rates will still better this/

Thanks in advance for any input.

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,164 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Current Sterling exchange rate

Roughly around 3.60, give or take - fluctuates a bit from day to day

Level Contributor
559 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Current Sterling exchange rate

always change the bulk of your money over there or at least take a Halifax clarity card or similar with you. If you change £1000 over your holiday you would be 200 lira better off at the rate you can get here and the rate mentioned in resort. quite a few efes that !!!!

steve

Hebden Bridge...
Level Contributor
6,423 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Current Sterling exchange rate

Current Turkish bank rate: http://kur.doviz.com/serbest-piyasa/sterlin

northwich
Level Contributor
279 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Current Sterling exchange rate

Agreed definately change most of your money while there.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
38 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Current Sterling exchange rate

Thanks all - after I had left this I noticed a posting yesterday that asked about exchange rates, but nice to get very up to date info. Around 5% difference in rate from GB to Icmeler is a sizeable difference, and will make a difference over the course of a 2 week stay !

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,829 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Current Sterling exchange rate

3.60 today at the minimarket nest to Tandoori Sizzeler on the square, exchange offices only showing 3.53..

Wendy

Level Contributor
559 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Current Sterling exchange rate

I was getting about 0.05 lira more than best rate in icmeler last year using a clarity card.

It doesn't sound much but we spent £2000 over there and that adds up to 100 lira extra. if I was to spend the same this year with the figures for changing at home and at resort I would be 400 lira better off changing in resort and another 100 lira getting the better rate on my clarity card.

Elgin, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Current Sterling exchange rate

Great to know that it is best to exchange money once there. What about withdrawing money from a bank card in icmeler, what is the exchange rate by doing it this way?

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,778 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Current Sterling exchange rate

Depends on the charges your bank will make. Better to check with them before you go. Like stalyvegas I now use the Halifax Clarity Card for paying bills and withdrawing Lira from ATMs. It gives a marginally better rate.

10. Re: Current Sterling exchange rate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2015, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations