We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking independently

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
788 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Booking independently

Hi

Few ppl have said it's cheaper to book independently, this is some thing I've never done but had a few problems with Thompson this year so thinking it may be a option !!

Has it been a lot cheaper for any one or has any one got any advice on this

Thank you

edinburgh, scotland
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
4,978 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking independently

It can work out cheaper - it just depends. We normally book everything independently, but it pays to look around as you may find a package works out cheaper depending on dates, where you're flying from on and so on. If you can get flights at a good price for the dates you want, go for it - because it's very easy to book accommodation separately. Icmeler Online are good.

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
788 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking independently

Thank you, do you book the hotel/apartment yourself as well then

Thank you,

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
752 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking independently

If you're flexible on dates you can get some real bargains and its worth taking the time to have a really good look, especially for flights.

I've booked 2 holiday this years independently and against the package prices I saved about 40%.

My first trip was going to be for 10 nights but as the flights were cheaper it worked out less to go for 12 nights, including my accommodation, which is crazy really :)

I booked my acccommodation direct with the apartments.

Balloch, United...
Level Contributor
694 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking independently

I have booked independently several times and this time booked accommodation direct with the owner who arranged the transfer and I arranged flights direct with Jet2. If you have a particular accommodation you want to go to it is sometimes worth considering taking a package, if it is cheaper than a flight only, and not using their accommodation. I have saved approximately £400 this year by booking separately for 3 people but I understand there's less protection by going down this route.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
788 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking independently

Thank you, I'm going to have a look and see what is available, I'm not able to be flexible as husbands holidays are set but I can def shop around, it looks to me in June next year I can find apartments for £500 ish each incl flights, did you get cheaper than this ? That was a s/c in mid June about a 3 star !! (2wks)

Edited: 02 July 2014, 14:28
Balloch, United...
Level Contributor
694 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking independently

Just read your post Chezza and I got 15 days this time for less than 14 days. I have just booked a package as it worked out the cheapest way this time so as Blondie said it is a case of checking all the options, which can be time consuming but worth it in the end.

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
752 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking independently

I suppose its all about supply & demand - I say trying to sound like an economic expert lol

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking independently

It can work out cheaper booking independently and I have been doing this for years. Go to site like icmeleronline, who are very good, they can organise flights apartments and transfers. Or travel republic who can also do the same. You just put your dates in, choose your flight, and this will forward a selection of apartments and hotels.

Maybe for next year; if you book flights early enough with easyjet as soon as they come out, usually around September, thiks year I paid £400 for 2 flights including luggage. Then go to either icmeleronline or travel republic and book accomodation.

Before you book any accomadation it is always worthwhile spending a little time researching sites like this looking for reviews on the accommadation

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,774 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booking independently

Over the last few years I've booked everything independently. Also I'm not tied to specific dates so can be flexible over dates. You will generally find it cheaper if you can go midweek and fly later in the day. I also leave it as late as possible and have always got a good deal. However this year I actually found it cheaper to book a package through On The Beach. I knew where I wanted to stay and booking independently would have cost £30.00 more.

Sunbury-On-Thames...
Level Contributor
110 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Booking independently

Sarahxxx66 what happened with thomson as we are travelling out on 31st am getting a bit worried now

Edited: 02 July 2014, 18:01
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations