We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Icmeler - the return

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
217 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Icmeler - the return

We returned to Icmeler last week for a second holiday in the town and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We visited Marmaris a couple of times and Turunc where there is a SMALL market on Mondays and had a relaxing time. We ate out at

CHAMPAGNE - excellent food and lovely service from "Tony Macaroni" !!!!!!

AMIGOS - Nice meal not as good as above but very passable nontheless.

DENIZ KAPISI - View to die for over the bay on the top deck. Wonderful starters of stuffed mushrooms and Turkish Meze but beware the starters were BIG platefuls and nice mains but a bit spoilt because we had eaten too much already

MANDOLIN - recommended to us by Icmeler old timers (couple who had been to Icmeler 34 times) and they got it right. Lovely food good service and a nice spot to watch the world go by

MAJESTIC - The best meal we had all week. Really tasty I think It was called an URFA kebab really nice. Entertainment started at half nine so we stayed for a couple and thoroughly enjoyed the night.

HANEDANS - Probably spelt it wrong but we decided on authentic Turkish for our last night. Enjoyable but rather too spicy for me. I can see the difference from what I call the tourist restaurants to the authentic Turkish ones. I ate mostly Turkish food in all the above but a big difference in hanedans. Not one to take kids to unless they like spices but an experience nevertheless.

We lunched at Dream 3 Bells - nice, at Romeo and Juliet - not so nice at Mermaid in turunc - rather good and at YOLO which was very good.

Best bars for us - Kaktus, Deja Vu, Buffalo, Wonder Bar and Friends

Icmeler is still a lovely place to visit but does seem to be suffering from the mayors clean up campaign. I hope it doesn't loose its family friendliness. We will return in a few years time but for the next couple of years it is shorter flights and covering the Greek and Spanish isles we haven't been to yet.

Enjoy your hols everyone

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
Marmaris
Marmaris
Mugla Province, Turkey
Turunc
Turunc
Mugla Province, Turkey
Deniz Kapisi
Deniz Kapisi
415 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
edinburgh, scotland
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
4,943 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Icmeler - the return

Thanks for posting the review, LenL - good to hear that you enjoyed your holiday.

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,774 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Icmeler - the return

Good review lenL. Glad you enjoyed your holiday.

orwich
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Icmeler - the return

Thankyou for your review glad you had a good hol and like us we will do greece next year if things have changed to much my little girl loves the dancing

Balloch, United...
Level Contributor
694 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Icmeler - the return

Thank you LenL for taking the time to write an informative review. I have also just returned from Icmeler which I found was quieter than usual and with a noticeable police presence. It did not affect my holiday or my opinion of Icmeler although I did speak to one young couple who said they would not return as there was not enough nightlife for them. I suppose we are all looking for different things from a holiday and only time will tell how the changes will affect tourism in Icmeler.

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,031 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Icmeler - the return

Excellent read thanks for posting. Its folks like yourself that take a few minutes to post that make this such a lively and informative forum

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,795 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Icmeler - the return

thanks for posting, Sounds like you had a great time, Icmeler changes each year, nothing is the same each year but after 16 years of going nothing has put me off yet

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
748 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Icmeler - the return

Love Champagnes, Tony Mac is a really good friend of ours :)

8. Re: Icmeler - the return

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2015, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations