We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

using pre-paid Travel Card in Icmeler

Level Contributor
51 posts
7 reviews
using pre-paid Travel Card in Icmeler

HI, I'm trying to decide how to take our holiday money, I'm swaying towards a pre paid card but don't want to be charged fees left right and center.

Can you withdraw sterling from cash machines as this would stop me having a 3% fee added every time I withdraw any money.

Any Advice would be appreciated.

Thanks S

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,203 posts
214 reviews
1. Re: using pre-paid Travel Card in Icmeler

Yes, there are several cash machines which let you withdraw sterling...you shouldn't have any problem finding one. There are several free-standing cash machines (including an HSBC one) between the Sports Bar and Florida at the top of the canal, as well as a number attached to banks on the road where the Tansas supermarket is. Another bank beneath the Kapmar Hotel, just up from the main square with the fountains.

Level Contributor
51 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: using pre-paid Travel Card in Icmeler

Thanks for this, seems that the best way is to withdraw sterling and then change that at supermarket.

Thanks for your advice

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,780 posts
18 reviews
3. Re: using pre-paid Travel Card in Icmeler

It depemds on the charges that your bank

have . I have a Halifax Clarity Card which means it is better to withdraw or pay in Lira.

Edited: 21 June 2014, 05:09
Level Contributor
51 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: using pre-paid Travel Card in Icmeler

I have looked at the Clarity, is this a credit card? seems that you get charged interest daily on any cash withdrawn on this card, I looked at the Thomas cook pre-paid as if I withdrew the currency which it was loaded with I would not be charged. I would be charged 3% if I withdrew Lira along with a £2.00 withdrawal charge.

Its getting very complicated but thanks for the advice.

Edited: 21 June 2014, 20:53
southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
5. Re: using pre-paid Travel Card in Icmeler

I use the Halifax clarity card when I go away and I get a better rate than in the resort and the interest is only a small amount as in about 90p

Level Contributor
51 posts
7 reviews
6. Re: using pre-paid Travel Card in Icmeler

So I can withdraw cash from the ATM with the Clarity Credit Card, When you say 90p, Is this daily and what withdrawal amount is this based on. Sorry for my lack of knowledge, just want to get the correct card.

Level Contributor
51 posts
7 reviews
7. Re: using pre-paid Travel Card in Icmeler

Just checked this out, if I spend £1500 on this card, I will pay back an interest of £16.00 when bill comes in.

Looks like I will take your advice, this looks like the best deal.

Many Thanks

8. Re: using pre-paid Travel Card in Icmeler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2015, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations