We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking from icmeler to marmaris?

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Walking from icmeler to marmaris?

I know it's about 7k, but hows the terrain? Flat? Rocky? and can you walk ''off road'' without getting lost?

I do feel a good walk helps keep the weight off during a holiday

Kingston-upon-Hull...
12 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking from icmeler to marmaris?

when i did the walk 3yrs ago,it was a flat even path with plenty of beach type bars along the route,you cant go off track has it only leads to marmaris,its a nice walk with beach one side and greenery the other,and theres toilets along the way,even a ice rink if its still there,best to go early before it gets to hot

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking from icmeler to marmaris?

Good stuff mate. Cheers.

orwich
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking from icmeler to marmaris?

Its a nice coastal walk along good path in some parts you can walk in the sea only one bar at begining ice rink still there at the back of marmariss palace take water

orwich
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking from icmeler to marmaris?

Its a nice coastal walk along good path in some parts you can walk in the sea only one bar at begining ice rink still there at the back of marmariss palace take water

edinburgh, scotland
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
4,970 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking from icmeler to marmaris?

It is a nice walk and the path has been improved considerably in recent years, so you also see cyclists, people with buggies and mobility scooters, etc now too. There are cafes/bars at both the Icmeler and Marmaris ends, but not a lot in between, so as dawn says, it's advisable to take some water with you. We usually walk one way and take the water taxi in the other direction - you get a lovely cooling breeze that way...

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
Marmaris
Marmaris
Mugla Province, Turkey
west yorkshire
Level Contributor
453 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walking from icmeler to marmaris?

Walked along there last year on my own very safe pleasant walk that didnt really seem that far. Lots of bars en route but I just took a bottle of water and never stopped. Took water taxi back then walked up to the hotel for lunch, lovely morning out.

7. Re: Walking from icmeler to marmaris?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2015, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations