We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rough Idea For Spending Money

Wirral
Level Contributor
991 posts
30 reviews
Rough Idea For Spending Money

Hi,

Could anyone give me a rough idea on how much spends a family of 5 will need? ( the kids are teenagers so will probably classed as adults.)We are on a bit of a budget but would like to do a couple of trips to the water park and Dalyan. Also a DIY trip to Marmaris by water taxi. We will probably all have a breakfast, just a snack in the apartment for lunch and a set meal with a few drinks in the evening ( we will probably have a few drinks on the balcony before heading out). I've seen a few posts that recommend £100 per day for 2 people going, by this calculation we would be looking at £3500 spends for the 2 weeks which is a bit out of our budget. If you think £3500 spends is a realistic figure we will look at having a few more meals in. Oh, I have budgeted for aircon and safe cash separate, is £35 per week aircon and £10 safe about right?

Cheers.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
597 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: Rough Idea For Spending Money

I usually budget £50 a day, just for me, I'm not really a big drinker a night and I didn't do any trips this time round and I noticed I was spending around 30/40 pound per day.

You can eat out as cheap or as expensive as you like in the evening, try the little turkish pide places like the Kardelin. A lot of places have meal deals like mezes, soup, any steak dish and ice cream for £12. Best value I found was Holiday and Florida.

You could get a cooked chicken from Alins to take back to your apartment to have with bread and salad. My parents found a butchers in the old village but I don't know where abouts this is and is cheaper than Tansas, I'll find out.

During the day I bought frozen bottles of water from the little supermarkets so they kept cold for longer. I also took one of those Robinsons squashed cordials for when I was fed up of drinking water lol

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
235 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: Rough Idea For Spending Money

it is alcohol that is expensive in Turkey so if your teenagers are young and wont be drinking that will save you quite a bit.

I have taken a few tins of tuna and sweetcorn in my suitcase in the past to use for lunches as both are much more expensive thay they are here. pasta and mayo cheap in Turkey so have made a pasta salad with 2 tins and sandwich/jacket potato fillings with the other 2 tins.

Steak is quite expensive but we eat at the Turksih restaurants on quite a few ofthe nights, meatballs and turkish pizzas are quite cheap

I think you could do it on £150 per day if you eat and drink carefully.

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,104 posts
46 reviews
3. Re: Rough Idea For Spending Money

have a look at the threds on right side of page with 2014 prices.

In May there were plenty of places doing set meals, bread, meze soup main chicken, pasta or pizza followed by sweet for 20 lira , about £6

Beer is approx £2.40, soft drinks about £1.50.

There is a great wee place selling cooked chicken in the village, near Sylvias for 10 lira, bread is about 30p and salad stuff is ridiculously cheap and that makes a great lunchtime snak. Even buy a couple of portions of chips if you need.

Plenty of small turkish style cafe selling wraps, pide, for about £1.50--£2.50 just along from Tansas

Boat trip is about £9 but as there are 5 of you you may manage to negotiate a better price.

if you are on a budget trying having brekkie in your apartment. Buy cornflakes etc, milk, take your own coffee in a small tupperware container, eggs are fairly cheap as well and as i said bread is only about 30p

Go to mamaris either by walking its a lovely flat walk or dolmus, its only 2.5 lira. water taxi will cost 10 lira each.

My missus and I did 2 tirips, had brekkie in apat, ate out most lunch and all eveneing meals as well as a few drinks and made do on about £35/£40 each

Honesly your biggest expense will be soft drinks in bars and cafe and at apartment. Where you can go to a supermarket, buy a large bottle of coke 2.5 lira and put this in your fridge. Bottles of water are also fairly cheap

Have a great holiday and let us know when you come back how it was

East Yorkshire
Level Contributor
59 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Rough Idea For Spending Money

Hi,

we've been going to turkey for a few years now and as a family of 4, kids 11,13yrs we will be budgeting around £120-£150 a day also the kids save and take a bit of there own money typically £130 each for icecreams/drinks/pool/shopping ect during the day.

The day trips represent good value as on many lunch is included (so no need for full breakfast just a snack before you leave apartment) on the boat trip/jeep safari ect boat trip last year was around £30 for 4 so great value given that you are out for a full day although you still have to buy drinks.

last year aqua dream water park was around £12 per adult but this doesn't include lunch but to be fair it wasn't to expensive in the park to buy lunch, this price also included pick up & return to your apartments.

we always try to roughly stay within our budget, but some days we overspend but other days when just chillin round the pool with a few drinks and popping up to the apartment for the odd snack we underspend ie sandwich crisps ect ( as we never actually cook anything on holiday or that's not a holiday is it) the bread and cheese crisps ect are inexpensive if bought from the shops also keep some beers and soft drinks in your fridge as this can save a good amount over a 2 week holiday.

kick back relax enjoy your hard earned holiday, cant wait till we fly out on 19th july.

Regards

Chris

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
402 posts
32 reviews
5. Re: Rough Idea For Spending Money

Some Great tips and advice there :-D:-D

Wirral
Level Contributor
991 posts
30 reviews
6. Re: Rough Idea For Spending Money

Yes it is with relief I read these posts! Great tips and advice! We had a couple of unexpected car and house disasters (the loo coming through the kitchen ceiling for one!) which messed up our spends saving plan :-( But what great tips there are here, thank you so much! We will be taking the suggestions on board! I think we'll start off a bit careful then see how it goes. I think drinks are going to be our biggest problem as our apartments don't allow you to drink your own drinks by the pool so we'll be making frequent tips to the room as it'll be really hot in July. Anyone have a rough idea how much a bottle of water would be about from a bar? ( we only drink soft drinks during the day.)

Cheers.

Balloch, United...
Level Contributor
694 posts
64 reviews
7. Re: Rough Idea For Spending Money

I am in Icmeler at the moment and it is 2tl for a bottle of water at poolside and I too put in the robinson's diluting juice which gives it a bit of flavour

Edited: 15 June 2014, 19:18
Scotland
Level Contributor
322 posts
12 reviews
8. Re: Rough Idea For Spending Money

Think a bottle of water from a bar last year was 1.25/1.50 tl

Wirral
Level Contributor
991 posts
30 reviews
9. Re: Rough Idea For Spending Money

Excellent, thanks for the information- so quick! Enjoy your hols tinaturbo!

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,104 posts
46 reviews
10. Re: Rough Idea For Spending Money

You can also get the 5 litre bottles of water for about 2.5 lira. decant these into some of the smaller bottles eg 500 ml stick these in the freezer and take them to the beach, the water usually will stay really cold for a good few hours

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations