We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

calamari/squid

London, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
1 review
calamari/squid

does anyone know which restaurant does the best calamari and I mean fresh homemade not frozen, I love the baby small squid that has all the crispy tentacles and a light dusting of batter PLEASE HELP MEEEEEEE.

Kusadası, Izmir...
Level Contributor
292 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: calamari/squid

Cant help you this this location,but unfortunately the baby squid,which I also preefer,is not common in Turkey ,its almost excusivly rings,sorry to break the sad news :-(

Brighton and Hove...
Level Contributor
7,801 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: calamari/squid

Try grilled octopus instead - I especially love the little tentacles, and the smaller the better, more tender.

Kusadası, Izmir...
Level Contributor
292 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: calamari/squid

I think,its rather hard to find grilled octopus in Turkey,also a pity,its a Grrek thing!!!

Brighton and Hove...
Level Contributor
7,801 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: calamari/squid

I've had it lots of places around Fethiye....

London, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
1 review
5. Re: calamari/squid

so where is best for grilled octopus smaller legs the better lol

Kusadası, Izmir...
Level Contributor
292 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: calamari/squid

Thank you attagul,I will certainly have some next time Im around those parts,never had it in Turkey,and Ive lived here ten years,3 of them in Ayvalik,which is as close to the epicenter of raki/balik culture as you can come,maybe excluding a couple of Istanbul neighbourhoods!!

Brighton and Hove...
Level Contributor
7,801 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: calamari/squid

Well, yes that reminds me - have had grilled octopus in Istanbul too!

You'll have to ask wuzzy where they ate there's the other day in Marmaris - that is nearer your neck of the woods!

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g298033-i793-k75…

Kadikale, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Turgutreis
Level Contributor
3,597 posts
12 reviews
8. Re: calamari/squid

If it's anything like Turgutreis you'll get it almost everywhere, it's a very traditional typical dish, we see a lot of both squid and octopus in the fishmongers tho it does depend a bit on the time of year as it's not always in season, tends be around more towards September for local fresh caught.

Brighton and Hove...
Level Contributor
7,801 posts
3 reviews
9. Re: calamari/squid

I also love stuffed calamari - can be stuffed with rice, prawns and cheese and heaven knows what else - but utterly delicious - but very filling! We find 1 normally does 2 persons!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
8 reviews
10. Re: calamari/squid

While we are on the subject is there a fishmonger or seafood shop in Icmeler?

Never noticed one. Always been rather disappointed by the choice of seafood available in most restaurants in Icmeler although I've noted some of the recommendations in the other topic.

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations