We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Music in Bars stopping at 10:00pm!

Scotland
Level Contributor
7 posts
12 reviews
Music in Bars stopping at 10:00pm!

I have heard a new law has been passed by the local council to stop loud music at 10:00pm, is this true?

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,783 posts
18 reviews
1. Re: Music in Bars stopping at 10:00pm!

No. Existing laws have been in place for a few years now to ensure music is turned off or lowered at midnight. This is currently being strongly enforced. Unlicensed premises, like restaurants, are not allowed to have dancing waiters or loud music so those who usually start their 'show' around 10.00pm are not now able to do so. You'll still have plenty of places with music.

Edited: 06 June 2014, 00:22
Scotland
Level Contributor
7 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: Music in Bars stopping at 10:00pm!

Thanks Iain lots of story's going around about 10.00 cut off time, heading off next Saturday for 3 weeks

Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Music in Bars stopping at 10:00pm!

I believe the place is buzzing at night the bars are playing music till 23,59 then the music has to stop or play it very low all the England games will be shown live in most bars

Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Music in Bars stopping at 10:00pm!

Iain will be in is second sleep by midnight

5. Re: Music in Bars stopping at 10:00pm!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 June 2014, 23:35
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: Music in Bars stopping at 10:00pm!

Just heading in to icmeler town the bars are full the England games are live on tv in most of the bars tonight all the bars I have past tonight are full of England fans Scotch Iain is in bed with is ear plugs in sorry Iain your ban hasn't work for 2014 season try next year this message goes out to any one heading here for there hoildays this summer the place is buzzing

Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
7. Re: Music in Bars stopping at 10:00pm!

There is very little Italians about seen about 20 in the three bells bar plenty of England fans singing around them

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,783 posts
18 reviews
8. Re: Music in Bars stopping at 10:00pm!

Seems I've hit a xenophobic nerve. Funny though that you know all this as you said last week you weren't going out until the 17th June. If you are making up stories at least be consistent. I'm afraid your anti Scottish bias is showing.

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,104 posts
46 reviews
9. Re: Music in Bars stopping at 10:00pm!

Think your comment number 6 Speedybarman is a wee bit out of line. This is not Iain's ban, it is all down to the mayor. Iain was simply advising how he saw things in May. When Iain was there in May as was I, it was fairly quiet, it did pick up the week after Iain went, but still there was very little entertainment in bars in May.

May is generally a quiet month and as the season goes on more and more people go to the resort, the bars will get busier

How did Engerland get on last night by the way?

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,216 posts
214 reviews
10. Re: Music in Bars stopping at 10:00pm!

Think speedybarman seems to have a bit of a chip on his shoulder here, and there's absolutely no need to direct comments at any one particular poster. Why he has singled Iain out, I have no idea...

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations