We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visa error?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
245 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
visa error?

Hi guys suppose I probably know the sensible answer to this but grasping at straws. Been very daft and forgot to put middle names on visa app. Do you think I could try and brazen it out it just reapply?

Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: visa error?

Think you have to put exactly the same as what's on your passport. I don't know how strict they are at Dalaman with regards to minor details such as missing out your middle name but for peace of mind maybe just apply again

Mentioned in this post
Dalaman
Dalaman
Mugla Province, Turkey
Southport, United...
Level Contributor
2,591 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: visa error?

From e visa website....................

Once the e-Visa is processed, none of the information on it can be changed. The information on your e-Visa must be exactly the same as the information on your travel document. Otherwise, your e-Visa will be invalid and there will be no refund for it.

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,776 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: visa error?

When I went through Dalaman recently they checked the passport quite thoroughly against their computer database which has the visa details. Strictly speaking you don't need to carry the paper copy but are advised to take it in case of computer problems on arrival. You could take the chance but if you have to get another at Dalaman it will cost £20.00.

Mentioned in this post
Dalaman
Dalaman
Mugla Province, Turkey
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
245 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: visa error?

Yes thanks guys think I better reapply. Just glad hubby has no middle name!

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
402 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: visa error?

Hi. I have got middle name on passport and evisa but my paperwork ie all travel voucher doesn't have my middle name. Do u guys think it will be ok?

Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: visa error?

As long as your passport and evisa are the same you'll be fine.

liverpool
Level Contributor
430 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: visa error?

Most airlines and travel companies don't use middle names anymore due to lack of space apparently I was told!

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
402 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: visa error?

Thanks guys. I can stop panicking now then.

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: visa error?

Just completed ours, and My partner noticed I FORGET the J in her middle name ? On the application.

Will we get through Customs ok ?

Hebden Bridge...
Level Contributor
6,410 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: visa error?

@TFseven - You will be fine. However, your partner might be stopped and delayed while she has to apply for a Visa On Arrival at a cost of £20.

You could re-apply for a new one in her name at a cost of around £12 and save the stress and worry associated with 'willl they, won't they?'

Personally speaking, I would submit a new application.

Edited: 11 June 2014, 12:18
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler