We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Club Tokmak

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Topic
Club Tokmak

Hi there

I'm travelling to these apartments in August and would just like a bit of info please. Would you recommend a particular room, i do like to sit on the balcony early evening so would like one with evening sun if at all possible.

Do the rooms have tv's in and is there air con?

Also does the pool get the sun for most of the day and hoping we dont have to get up to early to get a sunbed ha ha

Never been to iclemer, but holidayed in Marmaris on numerous occasions. Is there enough bars and restaurants to wander into on an evening.

Any info would be much appreciated

Best wishes

Helen

Mentioned in this post
Marmaris
Marmaris
Mugla Province, Turkey
Home Bistro
₹, European, Turkish, International
Sevgi Bar
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Pub
Golden Moon champagne steak house
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Steakhouse, Pizza, Mediterranean
East Yorkshire
Level Contributor
59 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Club Tokmak

Hi,

We stayed at the sister hotel the kleopatra last year that backs onto Tokmak, nice area near the market although by all accounts this is only selling fruit & veg now, but that's no loss as everything is available in the shops anyway.

about 10 mins walk into the centre and 15 to the beach, although it's a pleasant stroll with bars along the way taxi back was 10tl last year.

pool will definitely get the sun all day not sure about sunbed situation though, Icmeler it's self is a great laid back resort with enough going on to occupy most peoples needs without the hussle & bussle of marmaris.

Regards

Chris

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
Leeds
Level Contributor
26 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Club Tokmak

Hi

Just got back from Tokmak a few weeks ago.

We stayed in 305 which was a pool view room, however, if you want sun in the evening I would request a room overlooking the market at the back of the hotel as the front of the hotel/pool got no sun after about 6pm.

The rooms do have tv's, mostly Turkish channels but one channel did show movies in English regularly.

We stayed in a one bedroom apartment so I can't speak for the two bedroom ones. Air con was in the bedroom only, not in the kitchen/living area. We didn't use it as it wasn't hot enough really but I think it was about £30/£35 a week and a safe was about £20 per week.

The pool area gets sun from early morning till early evening, was plenty of sunbeds while we were there but if you wanted one in a particular position you needed to be up reasonably early. Might be different in August though!

Bars/restaurants nearby we liked were Wayside, Hanedan, Sidiks, Mereyem and Nefis Pide.

The hotel is great and the staff are all really nice so you should have a great time.

If you have any other queries I'd be happy to help.

Mentioned in this post
sidiks family restaurant
sidiks family restaurant
687 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,464 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Club Tokmak

Helen

I think theVulture has answered all you asked.

Just want to say that the Tokmak is a great place to stay. Well run by Mustafa and his mum (Mama Tokmak!!). Rooms and pool kept really clean. Our family stayed for 3 weeks and loved every minute. It is located up a hill which is fine when you are going out in the evening as you can walk down and easily find various bars/restaurants etc. We often opted to get a taxi back up though (cost 10tl). Lots of supermarkets and Tansas all within walking distance too.

I am sure you will have a great time there.

Level Contributor
242 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Club Tokmak

we are staying their in august , like every year , if you need info they have facebook page

https:/…

you will be able to speak to dilek tokmak who manages the bookings and any questions you have

hope this helps

Darlington, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Club Tokmak

We stayed at Tokmak last August in room 302 which was at the rear of the property which was quiet and got the sun on the balcony in the late afternoon until about 7 pm when the sun disappeared behind the mountains.

Rooms do have a TV in them but to be honest we didn't really use it. Air con unit is located in the bedroom of 1 bed apartments and cost about £30 per week - but was worth every penny when we were there. Safes are in the reception area and cost was approx. £15 per week.

We found that we did have to get up early to get sunbeds - however the staff would try and sort you out with one if you didn't have one.

Staff are brilliant - they treat you like one of the family nothing is too much trouble for them.

I would certainly recommend Tokmak as a great place to stay and I'm sure you will have a great time.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Club Tokmak

Thanks for all your useful info. Keitha, what floor were you on, can you remember? And how early is early to get a bed. We've been to some places before and you hsd to be up by 6 to get a bed! !

Darlington, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Club Tokmak

I was getting up about 7 , but im up early anyway, sometimes most of beds were taken sometimes only a few were taken. One night whilst sitting in the bar someone put their towels down but the staff qiickly removed them !!!.

We were on 3rd floor in room 302. Sometimes we were able to get wifi signal on balcony.

8. Re: Club Tokmak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2015, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations