We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Senem apartments

East Yorkshire
Level Contributor
59 posts
5 reviews
Senem apartments

Hi flying out to Icmeler on the 19th July (family of 4) staying at the Senem Apartments and would like to know of anyone's recent experiences, having previously stayed at Kurt & Kleopatra and enjoyed both any comparisons would be appreciated, I believe Senem is over the other side of the old village so looking forward to being in a new area for us.

been out to Spain once this year but no comparison to Turkey Icmeler seems to have a certain pull on us.

not long now so looking forward to all those day trips, restaurants/bars, laid back atmosphere, Turkish hospitality, glorious weather ect to name but a few.

Thanks Chris

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,783 posts
18 reviews
1. Re: Senem apartments

Haven't stayed at Kurt or Kleopatra so can't compare but in the previous 3 years we've stayed at the Senem. Would have had no qualms about going back this year but just fancied somewhere different.

They are in the old village in my favourite part of the resort but are only a 15 minute walk into the centre. They are fairly standard basic apartments, not plush by any means, but should have everything you need for your stay. However clothes storage wise I would say 4 of you may find it a bit of a crush. They have decent sized balconies and there is a good sized pool although it is the same depth all round so may not suit everyone.

East Yorkshire
Level Contributor
59 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Senem apartments

Thanks Iain, if a DE like yourself stays there then thats enough for me, really looking forward to that part of the village as only ever been as far back as wembley in that area of the village as the kurt & kleopatra are over by the market,, so hopefully more restaurants/ bars that we've yet to discover.

thanks

Chris

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,802 posts
61 reviews
3. Re: Senem apartments

I have stayed at senem three times over the years too. Now stay at sun village

swansea
Level Contributor
34 posts
4. Re: Senem apartments

I going to the senem for the first two weeks in September , so any info on the apartments would be great ,also any info on restaurants, bars and shops near the senem would be lovely

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,783 posts
18 reviews
5. Re: Senem apartments

As said previously, they are fairly standard basic apartments and for a couple are perfectly adequate but a family might find them a bit tight, particularly for clothes space. The bedroom is a good size, with a double wardrobe, dressing table with drawers and bedside cabinet with a drawer. This is the only storage space for clothes. There are two single beds which were ok. The living area has good storage space for food, crockery, etc and has a full size fridge and two ring electric hob. Good enough for breakfast and snacks but you would be pushed to cook any more than that. Not that we wanted to anyway. We also had a kettle and toaster. There are two armchairs which very easily pull out into single beds. The aircon is in the bedroom. Be careful with the shower which is over a half bath. Coming out of the shower you have to step down onto the tiled floor so make sure a bath mat is down. The balcony is a good size and they all overlook the pool.

The pool is a good size, although it is the same depth throughout. There is also a separate, adjoining kids pool.

On site there is a bar and restaurant area and small shop. I've had a few meals/snacks there and they have been good. They also do a weekly Turkish night. I've seen people complaining about being hassled to eat there or being treated differently if they don't spend all day spending money at the bar. In all honesty I can say I've never experienced this and we spend very little there as we prefer to go out each evening and I only have anything at the bar when we return.

Your nearest mini market is Jimmy's ASDA which you can see from your balcony. He is open 24 hours and sells everything you might need. He is also good for changing money. There are plenty of bars and restaurants nearby and you are only a 15 minute walk into the centre.

Anything I've missed just ask.

Iain

swansea
Level Contributor
34 posts
6. Re: Senem apartments

Thanks Iain if I think of anything else I'll get back to you

Balloch, United...
Level Contributor
694 posts
64 reviews
7. Re: Senem apartments

I have also stayed in Senem 3 times and agree with what Iain and Sue have said. The only reason I no longer go there is that the bath/ shower facility no longer meets our needs. There was 3 of us staying in the apartment and found insufficient storage space and we kept our beachwear in a suitcase. I would suggest you take extra clothes hangers, particularly trouser hangers and one of the lightweight hangers that go over the door with multiple hooks also helps to ease the situation. I understand there has been a change of staff this year but I recently read a positive review so it still seems to be a good place to go. I also take a non-slip bath mat to address the issue Iain mentioned. Hope you have a good holiday.

8. Re: Senem apartments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2015, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler