We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there entertainment on in restaurants

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
21 reviews
Is there entertainment on in restaurants

Hi can anyone tell me if there is dancing music and entertainment on in the restaurants as there was rumours that the new mayor had stopped this going to icmeler in June so was wondering if anyone knws

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
18 reviews
1. Re: Is there entertainment on in restaurants

As far as I can gather the new mayor is trying to enforce existing rules that only those establishments with a licence will be able to put on entertainment. This would mean restaurants only serving food and licensed bars providing entertainment. However over the years I've seen changes proposed which were ignored or not enforced once the season got underway. One way or another I still think there will be plenty of entertainment available .

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,223 posts
214 reviews
2. Re: Is there entertainment on in restaurants

Exactly, Iain - and of course, those which have the correct licences in place already will still be able to carry on providing entertainment as usual.

MANCHESTER
Level Contributor
68 posts
93 reviews
3. Re: Is there entertainment on in restaurants

Just returned today, the dancing has stopped with the police watching all the bars the irish bar still try but they have a a look out and if the police come they all start walking around the bar clapping their hands. Also the belly dancer had to do a runner which was quite funny as the music changed to country & western music and if you dont know what is happening can be quite strange. We also went down to Marmaris one night and it is the same there no breakdancing, Micheal Jackson etc. You can still see the Stella show and the drag show at the talk of the town in Marmaris as they have a licence for entertainment.

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
311 posts
19 reviews
4. Re: Is there entertainment on in restaurants

Can't say it's a bad thing as material was becoming old and tired, same stuff every night. If they could come up with new entertainment then great

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,106 posts
46 reviews
5. Re: Is there entertainment on in restaurants

personally I cant stand the Michael Jackson etc as I have seen it so many times before, but appreciate that there will be others who do like it plus those going for the first time will miss out

Can we assume that karaoke is still allowed, even though I hate that as well

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
365 posts
10 reviews
6. Re: Is there entertainment on in restaurants

Wow!! so what is there in the way of entertainment for families as I don't think the stella show is for children

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: Is there entertainment on in restaurants

I agree that bars/ restuarants should have the right license for entertainment, I just don't get why it has to be either/ or? As people have said resturants who add a bit of ameteur but fun entertainment are brilliant for families with children & teenagers. Why can't they just charge more for licenses if you're a restuarant with entertainment? & Less if just a bar or just a restuarant.

Edited: 14 May 2014, 15:12
8. Re: Is there entertainment on in restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2015, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations