We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

icmeler first time

Canterbury, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
icmeler first time

Hi thinking of staying at eden garden apartments can anyone tell me no air con in living area I noticed this is quite common does it get too hot or does the one in the bedroom do enough for whole rooms.also icmeler itself does it get so busy in July you are like sardines walking round the town and on the beach.

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,146 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: icmeler first time

July is a busy time, but I wouldn't say you'd be like sardines . The beach does get busy - but if you walk along to either end of the beachfront, you will find quieter areas there too. Eden Garden apartments are set quite far back in the resort, which is the quietest part, but it's a lovely area to stroll around and there are still bars and restaurants within easy reach if you don't want to venture into the centre. If you do, the dolmus stops nearby if you don't want to walk. I am sure you will have a great holiday. Hopefully someone who has stayed at the Eden Gardens will be able to give you some info about the air con. Certainly in other apartments we've stayed in, we've usually found that the air con in the bedroom is sufficient.

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
310 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: icmeler first time

best way to do air con is switch on, close all doors, leave for 10 mins and go into room and it will be nice and cool, some air cons will then spread cooler air around the other rooms. but living area can get warm if they have beds, I slept in living area a couple of times the year before last and it can be a bit sticky. if you are not too fussed I have a guaranteed way of a good nights sleep if no air con, put airbed on floor, open fridge door, remove bottom tray , insert pillow and sleep like a baby , works for me :-)

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
365 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: icmeler first time

Lol thats really funny about sleeping with your head in the fridge lol I like it and I suppose if it keeps you cool and lets you sleep well why not :)

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: icmeler first time

We are due to go to Eden in just under 3 weeks time and can't wait, this will be our third stay . If you have read the reviews than you will see that it has many repeat visitors that have been going for YEARS!! We are relatively newbies but once you stay there you wouldn't dream of trying anywhere else. It's a lovely clean place with great customer service and you always meet new friends. It's a lovely stroll down into the main part of Icmeler with many bars and restaurants en route. It's the best of both worlds really as it is nice and peaceful at Eden then you have a short stroll or Dolmus into Icmeler or take the Dolmus into Marmaris if you want something a bit livelier. The Dolmus stops just outside Tommy's restaurant which is a minute or 2 from Eden. There is also a larger hotel next door which do really cheap manicures etc so give it a try.

Enjoy your first stay and if you have any other questions give me a shout !

Canterbury, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: icmeler first time

Hi thank you yes looked on map and looks long way from beach but as long as there are stop of points on route then that would be fine can I ask about air con as only in bedroom and either my girls or us will be in living area does it get too hot and is it quiet enough to get sleep and was Wondering is the beach nice and sandy as a bit mixed reviews dirty,stone etc.we normally go to a smallish resort is this a large place.sorry for all questions.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
365 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: icmeler first time

Icmeler is a fairly small place but there are more than plenty bars restaurants etc. Marmaris whicj is just a short bus ride round the corner, is bigger and more lively. The beach at icmeler is not the best (in my opinion) I.e its not fine golden soft sand. It is more shingle, small pebbles and it can get very hot on the feet in the summer so something on your feet is a must so they dont burn and also for protection as I find going in and out of the sea really hurts your feet on the tiny little pebbles. That said we still enjoy going down to the beach for the day and it is certainly not a dirty beach

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,089 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: icmeler first time

The beach is clean and sunbeds are reasonably priced. Like firefly I agree, the beach is not the best, very little in the way of sand mainly small grit stones, so no sandcastles. It can be painful to walk on and in high season it does get very hot so best to have some beach shoes

Canterbury, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: icmeler first time

Would u suggest bitez or turunc for better beach or somewhere else family friendly,but I'm still interested in icmeler

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,089 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: icmeler first time

Turnunc beach and Marmaris beach for that matter are not that great. I have not been but the beach at Olu Deniz is very good with proper sand, not the grit that you get at Icmeler/Turunc

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
310 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: icmeler first time

Firefly, I told a friend about it and they laughed but tried it one time when they went abroad in high summer and , lo and behold, they slept like a baby. It may seem like a daft idea, but daft ideas sometimes turn out to be the best ones :-)

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler