We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

'Must Do' Trips Advice Please

Wirral
Level Contributor
969 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
'Must Do' Trips Advice Please

Hi, First time to Turkey and have been looking on Icelmer.com and quite frankly all the trips sound great! Which trips do you consider to be the ones that stand out the most as we can only pick a couple? Thanks :)

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
309 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 'Must Do' Trips Advice Please

A lot depends on what you want to do and what makes up your party. A trip to Dalyan is decent, although "mud baths" are not great, the tombs and turtles are nice to see. We went on a boat from Marmaris , "Orca" I think it was. Jeep safari is ok to do once, if you like getting soaking wet !! The cruise round the bays is average. We are going to Pukulale and Rhodes this year as we have done all others and no need to do them again. Watch whom you book with though and don't feel intimidated when looking for best deal

Mentioned in this post
Dalyan
Dalyan
Mugla Province, Turkey
Marmaris
Marmaris
Mugla Province, Turkey
Rhodes
Rhodes
Dodecanese, Greece
leeds uk
Level Contributor
190 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 'Must Do' Trips Advice Please

hi tinmen

I think you would like most trips, there isn't many which get a bad review.

I don't know who's going on holiday in your party or how old you are but my must do each year is the afternoon trot around the old village bars, me and the blokes in our family use the excuse we are searching for all the named hotels and apartments we read about in case we see somewhere we want to stay on our next trip to icmeler, works a treat, I'd recommend that to everyone!

edinburgh, scotland
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 'Must Do' Trips Advice Please

We're not really ones for organised trips, as we prefer to get out and about under our own steam, which is really easy, by the way, but one trip I would definitely recommend is the Akyaka trip, which we did with Icmeler Online.

Edited: 26 April 2014, 20:36
Mentioned in this post
Akyaka
Akyaka
Mugla Province, Turkey
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
Whitley Bay, United...
Level Contributor
927 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 'Must Do' Trips Advice Please

Not too sure what the site you've been looking at offer but we went to Pammukale (quite a LONG day) but absolutely worth it.As others have said Dalyan is really nice especially the boat trip to see the turtles. Not too sure about Akyaka (we stayed in Akyaka a couple of years ago and LOVED it) we visited last year in early May and the saeson hadn't started, it was honestly a bit run down from how we remembered it. You can do an awful lot under your own steam as well, boats from Icmeler to all over the place and a Dolmus trip to Marmaris is fairly good for filling in a few hours. Enjot Icmeler, now one of our favourite places to holiday.Were going back in September.

Mentioned in this post
Dalyan
Dalyan
Mugla Province, Turkey
Akyaka
Akyaka
Mugla Province, Turkey
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
Marmaris
Marmaris
Mugla Province, Turkey
southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,795 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 'Must Do' Trips Advice Please

My favourite trips to do are the boat trips and village tour. You can also go down to the beach and jump on a boat to turunc which is 20 minutes away

Essex
Level Contributor
341 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 'Must Do' Trips Advice Please

We always get the water taxi from the beach to Turunc on a Monday and visit the market (not sure if market will be on this year?). Its a lovely boat ride and a nice village to wander around. My daughter and our friend also did the buggy safari last year - they had a great time and laughed non stop!

Mentioned in this post
Turunc
Turunc
Mugla Province, Turkey
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
365 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 'Must Do' Trips Advice Please

What is the village tour like and what does it consist of? Would children enjoy it? And also the Akyaka trip?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Akyaka
Akyaka
Mugla Province, Turkey
edinburgh, scotland
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 'Must Do' Trips Advice Please

Firefly, here's a link to the Icmeler Online excursions page, which gives details of the various trips. I've not done the village one, but the Akyaka trip is done in jeeps - you go along the old road to Marmaris, stopping for home-made ayran, then you get to see the rock tombs at the side of the road before visiting the olive farm. In Akyaka itself, you have lunch and a boat trip up the river, where you can see turtles and other wildlife. You also have some free time to wander around or sunbathe. On the way back, you stop at a place called Havulzu Bahce, which has a lovely swimming pool and various animals. There weren't any children on the trip when we did it...I suppose it would depend on their ages.

icmeleronline.com/pages/2/358/Excursions.html

Edited: 27 April 2014, 02:11
Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
Akyaka
Akyaka
Mugla Province, Turkey
Marmaris
Marmaris
Mugla Province, Turkey
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
365 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 'Must Do' Trips Advice Please

Thank you very much for your help blondiescot. That trip sounds really good

Wirral
Level Contributor
969 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 'Must Do' Trips Advice Please

Thanks all! Now I am even more confused because they all sound excellent and good value too. It was Icmeler online I was looking at not .com haha. Guess I'm just going to have to save a bit more to do more trips! The Akyaka trip sounds good and has something for everyone,my teenage son would like the jeep and teenage girls the turtles and beach and us adults get to see some history and nice quaint scenery! The girls want to go in the mud baths and my son the jeep safari. The AI boat trip sounds good too. What lunches are normally provided on these trips as we have 1 very fussy eater in our party?

The water taxi's sound interesting to do a DIY trip. Where do they go and how often do they run? I wouldn't want to get stuck somewhere, haha.

Thank you so much for the great advice!

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
Akyaka
Akyaka
Mugla Province, Turkey
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler