We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport duty free

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
365 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Airport duty free

might be a bit of a long shot but could anyone tell me the prices (even if last years) in arrivals at Dalaman airopt duty free of cigarettes and tabacco please? and also the same for Newcastle airport. Thank you. Can anyone also confirm that it is 400 cigarettes or 250g tabacco that you are allowed to take INTO Turkey?

Thank you

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,147 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport duty free

There's a link in the top questions section to the right hand side of the page - Dalaman Airport Information - which I think gives you details on the limits you can take into the country. Might mention some prices from last year too...

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
365 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport duty free

thanks

Washington, UK
Level Contributor
166 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport duty free

Last year it was cheaper on both Jet2 and Thomson to buy 400 cigs for £38 than it was at either airport

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
365 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport duty free

Just had a look through and founf the limits, thank you, but cant find any prices ao if anyone knows that would be great, just trying to work out if it would be better buying at Newcastle duty free, on the airplane (jet2) or at Dalaman?

I have found the prices for on board which are (for L & B) £32 for 200 or £52 for 400. Cant seem to find prices for Newcastle airport?? or Dalaman.

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport duty free

When are you going? I will be able to get the prices in may

North Shields...
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport duty free

Here's a link to Biza, the duty free shop at Newcastle, although they don't list the price of cigarettes.

http://www.shopbiza.com/

If you subscribe to their website you get a £5 voucher for if you spend over £75.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
365 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport duty free

Thank you all for your help. We fly in July

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
365 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport duty free

I had a look at the Newcastle duty free on the internet last night but couldn't find any prices for cigarettes either

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport duty free

firefly just found this from last year

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g609056-i10890-k…

South Wales
13 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport duty free

L & M cigarettes were about £17.50 for 200 last year at Dalaman, I always smoke those in Turkey and buy to bring home. I find them similar to Lambert & Butler which I smoke otherwise.

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations