We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

main strip????

Level Contributor
52 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
main strip????

Hi I have only ever visited icmeler for a day at a time always in the day time? My partner and I are thinking of staying for a fortnight but were wondering where the main strip of shops and bars are? We have only been on that stretch of road where the final bus stop is when coming from marmaris. Thanks

Home Bistro
₹, European, Turkish, International
Sevgi Bar
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Pub
Golden Moon champagne steak house
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Steakhouse, Pizza, Mediterranean
Surrey
Level Contributor
1,346 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: main strip????

I would say that there is not really a main strip as such. From the square in town, it splays out in a 4 way pattern. Down each of the roads are bars, shops and restaurants and in the square itself too. The best thing would be to decide where you wish to stay and then check on here to see from your base as to where everything is. If you wish to have a peaceful base, try somewhere in the Old Village and town is a short walk from most. There are also restaurants and some small shops close to the village too, so loads of choice.

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: main strip????

There is no main strip as such as sammig has indicated. That said Icmeler is fairly compact and there are around 6 main streets and all within easy walking distance. You can probably do a circuit of all the main streets in around 30 minutes. If you want to venture further back to the village there are still plenty of bars and restaurants there. In total I believe that Icmeler has over 200 bars and restaurants, so there is something for everyone

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,036 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: main strip????

here is a link to the map of Icmeler

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms…

4. Re: main strip????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2015, 11:47
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler