We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

icmeler with a small child

Hungary
6 posts
Save Topic
icmeler with a small child

Hi guys,

I wonder if someone could help me with some issues. I'll be staying in Icmeler with a 3-year old child in August so I'd like to know if there is any entertainment for kids (some public playground, luna park or anything similar) or we should visit Marmaris for those stuff.

Also, is the sea warm in August cause my child hates cold water (she won't set a foot in it, I know that from experience).

Thanks a lot, see you all in Turkey!

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Marmaris District, Turkey
Marmaris
Marmaris
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,061 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: icmeler with a small child

There are many many small parks with swings etc around Icmeler. There are also bouncy castl/slides around the resort. The waterparks are in marmaris. The water in August should be fairly warm to bathe in. The beach is full of small shigle stones so may be worthwhile for them to wear a pair of beach shoes

In August it will be very hot so make sure that you are using plenty of high sun protection cream and drink lots of water

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,776 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: icmeler with a small child

As smc says, there are plenty of children's play parks dotted around the resort, especially if you head up towards the back. They are popular with the locals and would be a good way to explore and get to meet some Turkish families.

Hungary
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: icmeler with a small child

Excellent, thank you very much for your replies.

I also found some recommendations for bars/restaurants which have small playgrounds or children's corners. That could also be interesting.

Thanks very much!

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
365 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: icmeler with a small child

i agree with the advice of getting some sea shoes for her, so much more comfortable to walk in and out with them on. The sea feels cold when first getting into it purely because your skin temp after been in the sun is quite hot, but once in the sea it is a lovely temp. We have 3 children and they all enjoy Icmeler. The water park in Marmaris is a great day out. We are going to Icmeler in July/Aug this year and our youngest will be very nearly 3. Another bit of advice that we will be doing this year is taking our own buckets and spades etc with us as we found them to be quite expensive in resort last year, so we're just going to take some cheap ones from over here then just leave them in icmeler at the end of the hols.

From our experience the majority of Turkish people love the kids and are great with them.Im sure you'll allhave a great time

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Marmaris
Marmaris
5. Re: icmeler with a small child

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2015, 11:49
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler