We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Self Catering - Where?? Grand Aquarium Apartments - Sun

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
144 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Self Catering - Where?? Grand Aquarium Apartments - Sun

Hello,

We are planning on coming to Icmeler for the first two weeks in September and normally when we go away we go all inclusive. However, people have informed me that Icmeler has a large variety of restaurants and is well worth going self catering.

So my question is where? We would like somewhere relaxed (where they don't mind you coming and going) within walking distance to the centre but doesn't matter if it is a 10-20 minute walk, somewhere with a fair sized pool and somewhere with generally clean apartments/hotel.

I have been looking at Grand Aquarium Apartments but my partner is worried that on the pictures, it looks like the sun is blocked out around the pool and that space is limited. Can someone tell me if this is the case or not?

Any help will be much appreciated, thanks in advance :)

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
Grand Aquarium
Grand Aquarium
836 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Self Catering - Where?? Grand Aquarium Apartments - Sun

Hi My recommendations would be

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g609056-d1835… Sun Village

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g609056-d1161… Sun Blue

I have stayed at both of these places last year and would highly recommend them, have a look at this thread as well on the top questions

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g609056-i10890-k…

Edited: 14 February 2014, 22:19
huddersfield
Level Contributor
128 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Self Catering - Where?? Grand Aquarium Apartments - Sun

We stayed at the club and went to the grand for a turkish bath and to be honest i would not stay there it is a long way out about 20 minutes walk into the centre, also the grand is very shaded.

If you need more info i will try and help you

Edited: 08 March 2014, 20:40
Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,035 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Self Catering - Where?? Grand Aquarium Apartments - Sun

Other apartments that get very good reviews and many regular posters on here would recommend

Rhodes apartments

Bilnur aprtments

Alvaro apartments

Turgay apartments

Efem apartments

Moonlight apartments

There are around 200 bars and restaurants/cafes in Icmeler you will be spoilt for choice, from the cheap and cheerful to the restaurants for that special occasion, eg the Love Boat

Mentioned in this post
Rhodes
Rhodes
Dodecanese, Greece
Bilnur Apartments
Bilnur Apartments
249 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
Alvaro
Alvaro
385 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
Turgay
Turgay
335 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
The Love Boat
The Love Boat
912 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
365 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Self Catering - Where?? Grand Aquarium Apartments - Sun

I can second the Alvaro. Fantastic location - on the doorstep of everything from shops to restaurants and the beach, great staff - no hassle at all from them. The pools get the sun all day, there is 3 pools, 2 big ones and a baby one, one of the big pools have a slide going into it. The Alvaro is very clean - the maids are great, rooms cleaned every day including fresh towels and bedding. We found that a lot of people go back there time and time again which speaks for itself as if it was bad people would not return.

Icmeler is fantastic for eating out - loads of choice. The hard part is choosing which one!

Mentioned in this post
Alvaro
Alvaro
385 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
Blyth, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Self Catering - Where?? Grand Aquarium Apartments - Sun

Hi I am going to grand aquarium apartments in september, I havent stayed there before but my husband and I went to look around last year. I have to say the staff were very friendly and showed us around, we had a drink at the bar and questioned other holidaymakers who never said anything negative about the apartments.we were told when you book in you get a wristband, which you put money on and use it at the bar and restaurant.we visited about 1.30pm and I never saw any shaded areas around the pool area, only in the bar and restaurant, which after sunbathing in the lovely turkish heat you need a shaded area to sit. It does take about 20 minutes to walk to the beach, but that doesnt bother us as you can get a dolmus outside the little supermarket if you wanted. Im looking forward to my holiday there and I hope I have answered some of your questions.

6. Re: Self Catering - Where?? Grand Aquarium Apartments - Sun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2015, 11:45
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler