We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sept booked in old village

Bristol
Level Contributor
90 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Sept booked in old village

Spent this evening trawling through old forum comments, and so just realised there may be problems with wasps when we go to icmeler last two weeks in Sept staying at Oren Hill Aparts

- didn't know about this before we booked should we be worried?

Mentioned in this post
Oren
Oren
Mugla Province, Turkey
southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sept booked in old village

The wasps are dying off in september so they are literally dropping out of the sky, in 2012 it was pretty bad, last year i didnt find it to bad but just be careful where you walk and when you sit down on you sunbed

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
274 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sept booked in old village

We went late last September and the wasps were a pain in the butt but used the old Turkish remedy of burning coffee in a metal ashtray and that kept the blighters away.

Edited: 10 February 2014, 00:36
Bristol
Level Contributor
90 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sept booked in old village

Thanks for replies, this isn't sounding good!!

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sept booked in old village

I think they are honey bees from the mountains but same principal, they do still fall from the sky as they are so dozy. They land on the floor around the pool and on your sunbed, you can easily tread on them or sit on them which will cause them to sting you, ouchies!!

uk
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Sept booked in old village

I got stung 3 times in one day whilst i was around the hotel pool last september - one of the wasps clung on to me for dear life and took me about a minute to get it off my arm - they were only around for a day or 2 though

6. Re: Sept booked in old village

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2015, 10:50
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations