We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Icmeler in October

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Icmeler in October

Hi everyone - please can I have some advice about going to Icmeler in Ocotber - I am thinking of going 2nd week of October for a week. I especially would like to know what the weather will be like - is it still warm and sunny ? Also is the resort still bustling ? I have only ever been in the summer months but it seems so much cheaper in October so thought we'd give it a try - many thanks Vicky.

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,799 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Icmeler in October

Hi VAHoran

Most places will still be open in october, some places tend to close first two weeks of october if the resort is quiet but you wont have a problem finding anywhere to eat. The weather is still warm in the day but pack a light cardigan/jumper for night times. last october was pretty chilly at night

edinburgh, scotland
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
4,969 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Icmeler in October

Weather in October can be mixed - we went mid-October several years running and it was lovely and warm, then one year, it rained - and I mean torrential rain - almost the entire week. As Sue says, places do start to close down during October, but there will still be plenty of places to eat and drink - and as it's towards the end of season, you can pick up some decent bargains too. It's a nice time to visit, as the resort is quieter...

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
756 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Icmeler in October

Hi Vicky

I went the 1st week of October last year and it was mostly lovely during the day, we had rain only 1 afternoon & I did get a tan.

However the evenings felt cold, we had cardies on & some of the locals looked like there were dressed for the artic.

The resort had started to wind down & some bars/restaurants were very quiet but we got some really good bargains in the shops.

I think if I go late season this year I won't go any later than mid of September because I like it a bit busier than it was

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Icmeler in October

I am going over late September into the first week of October. I will be gutted if the weather isn't very nice.

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,799 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Icmeler in October

we were there at the end of september last year and we got caught in the torrential rain and winds, i think it lasted a couple of days very unusual for that time of year

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,819 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Icmeler in October

We were there from the 28th Sept to 5th October (sat to sat) last year and the first few days were fab even in the evenings,then on the Tuesday 1st Oct it was cloudy and then late afternoon there was a massive storm that carried on until mid day on the Wednesday then it was back nice in the day but very cold at night after the storm..Years ago we always went to Marmaris for a week from about 5th October and the weather then used to be lovely so think last year was a little unusual for that time of year being so cold at night..Had friends still there after we came home and the weather did stay nice for another couple of weeks apart from another storm on one of the days..

Wendy

Mentioned in this post
Marmaris
Marmaris
Mugla Province, Turkey
7. Re: Icmeler in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2015, 11:52
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations