We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turkish lira rate

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,031 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Turkish lira rate

Just how high can this go. I thought I was getting a good deal at 3.08 about 6 weeks ago so I bough a couple of hundred pounds worth. When I was in Icmeler in May 2013 it was only about 2.80.

Walked passed a cheque centre to day and the rate was 3.17. This should make Icmeler even better value, but no doubt the resort will see the rate and hike prices up accordingly, yeah I know Im cynical

So for the start of the season May 2014 just what do you think the rate will be

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
Grand Aquarium
Grand Aquarium
#12 of 78 hotels in Icmeler
Club Aquarium
Club Aquarium
#16 of 78 hotels in Icmeler
Fortuna Beach Hotel
Fortuna Beach Hotel
#20 of 78 hotels in Icmeler
FALKIRK
Destination Expert
for Marmaris, Armutalan
Level Contributor
17,781 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Turkish lira rate

Travelfx are up to 3.255 bank rate 3.31 in Turkey the rate has very steadily been going up for around 6 months now a can see 3.50 in the summer.

it never seems to go up or drop lots in the winter months so it will be interesting to see what happens from around April onwards but like you a'm sure prices will go up if exchange rate for the £ stays high even though they shouldnt it doesnt effect there buying and selling but if they see us Brits getting alot more lira for our £ there will be Lira signs in there eyes if you know what a mean lol..

Stevie

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Balloch, United...
Level Contributor
694 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Turkish lira rate

Sainsbury's were giving 3.20tl to the £ on Friday and if you are a Nectar card holder the rate is slightly better. It is difficult to know what will happen with the rate but I have never had as good a rate any time I have been in Icmeler.

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
3. Re: Turkish lira rate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 December 2014, 11:47
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler