We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking to go to Icmeler for the first time ...

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
144 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Booking to go to Icmeler for the first time ...

Hello,

I am looking to book to go to Icmeler for the first time around the first two weeks in September. We went to Bodrum/Gumbet last year and loved it but thought we would try a different area next year. We normally go all inclusive but as we have heard there are a lot of nice restaurants in Icmeler we thought we would try self catering/B&B this time. Can anyone recommend any good hotels/apartments which are near to shops/restaurants but far enough away from the central busiest area.

I'm sure everyone asks this but what is the weather like the first couple of weeks of September? Are there plenty of excursions available eg boat trips etc. Also is there a water park nearby?!

Thanks in advance for any help it is much appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Marmaris District, Turkey
Bodrum Beach Resort
Bodrum Beach Resort
1,236 Reviews
Gumbet, Turkey
yorkshire
Level Contributor
12,449 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking to go to Icmeler for the first time ...

hi welcome to the forum.. if you liked bodrum im sure you will love icmeler... have a look at babadan apartments or if your wanting even further away from the centre you will be wanting the old village area.. weather will be lovely mid 30`s daytime and 28ish nighttime. sea and pool temps will be great... plenty restaurants all over... everyone has there favourites. we liked coco beach on the beachfront. plenty of excursions running boat trips,jeep safari etc etc. plenty trip agencies all around resort... theres 2 bigger waterparks in neighbouring marmaris, very cheap and if booked through an agency transport will be included. matt

hartlepool, united...
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking to go to Icmeler for the first time ...

We stayed at the Kapmar Hotel a few years ago which was B&B - it was basic but clean, but might be a little "too central" for what you're looking for. Mersoy Bellavista Suites are also very nice. Devamli Hotel gets great reviews - again, very central. If you're taking kids, Babadan Apts could be a very good choice for you. As Matt mentioned there's tons of bars and restaurants in Icmeler and plenty to do. It's not a huge resort but there's lots going on and it's well planned and easy to navigate. Marmaris is also very easily accessible via either dolmus or taxi-boat for much more choice, plus you can visit the marina area and the covered bazaar. Icmeler Wednesday market is also very good if you're into bargain-hunting! We are looking to possibly go back in June. Weather at the start of September should be beautiful.

Mentioned in this post
Kapmar Hotel
Kapmar Hotel
621 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
Mersoy Bellavista Suites
Mersoy Bellavista Suites
748 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
Devamli Hotel
Devamli Hotel
220 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
Babadan Hotel & Apartments
Babadan Hotel...
391 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
Icmeler
Icmeler
Marmaris
Marmaris
southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking to go to Icmeler for the first time ...

Hi HS1209 welcome to icmeler forum if you like Bodrum area you will love icmeler i have been going since 1998 and love it there.

Theres plenty of hotels and apartments to choose from on this thread

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g609056-i10890-k…

I have stayed in quite a few over the years and i would recommend

Club Arya - tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g298033-d1064… ( this is actually in Icmeler a few minutes away from the Canal)

Sun Village - tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g609056-d1835… ten minutes from the centre

Senem Apartments - tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g609056-d1734… ten minutes from the centre

Theres plenty of bars and restaurants in icmeler for everyone's taste, this is on the top questions recommended restaurants for this year

Costs of meals and trips and trips are in this thread for 2013.

I hope this givess you an idea of what you are looking for, any other questions just give us a shout we will be happy to help, most of the members on here have been going for years like myself

Edited: 03 December 2013, 22:51
Mentioned in this post
Bodrum
Bodrum
Mugla Province, Turkey
Arya Hotel
Arya Hotel
158 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
Icmeler
Icmeler
Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,775 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking to go to Icmeler for the first time ...

From what you say, the Old Village may be best suited to your requirements. Not much of the original village left now. It's now mostly a mixture of holiday apartments/villas, restaurants and private homes but it's my favourite area and is a bit more laid back than the centre .I've stayed a number of times at the Moonlight Apartments and Senem Apartments and can recommend both. As the others have indicated you will not be short of things to do and the weather should be great.

Mentioned in this post
Moonlight Apartments
Moonlight Apartments
243 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
144 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking to go to Icmeler for the first time ...

Thanks all for the great information will look in to some of the apartments mentioned and get booking. Can't wait to visit Icmeler for the first time! :)

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
6. Re: Booking to go to Icmeler for the first time ...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2014, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations