We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exchange rate

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Exchange rate

Thinking of buying some currency for next year probably around £300 to get me started. Where have folks got the best deal in the UK.

Only thinnking of doing this as the lira rate is still high it may have dropped come May when we arrive

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,799 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Exchange rate

I saw 3.01 in Marks and Spencers yesterday. As the rate was so high i drew some off my clarity card before i left dalyan and checking my statement i got 3.29

hartlepool, united...
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Exchange rate

Currently 3.1175 with TravelFX Best Price Promise - not sure if you'll get any better than that in the UK at the moment to be honest:

…travelfx.co.uk/BestPricePromise/29/index.php

I've used TravelFX before and can highly recommend them.

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,799 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Exchange rate

Smc just had a look at this site and this is what you pay extra if you want £300

Free delivery applies to orders £500 and above

orders below this incur a £5 handling fee.

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Exchange rate

Thanks Sue, having checked a few sites it seems that you have to order £500 or more for free delivery. Travelex with a slightly poorer rate but a lower postage cost for £300 seems to work out slightly better. I don t really want to get more than £300 at the moment as we are never sure which way rates will go

aberdeen
Level Contributor
79 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Exchange rate

Good plan get some now in the UK but the rates at resort have always been higher. We now take about £150 in lira and exchange the rest at resort. Make sure it is English notes you take the Scottish exchange rate is not so good, honest will upload a photo to show what I mean.

West Bromwich...
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Exchange rate

The exchange rate was 3.10 lira in the exchange shop in icmeler last week and you could get 3.12 in various shops and bars. I would take enough for the first day / night and then exchange in resort.

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,799 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Exchange rate

Looks iike the lira has been pretty steady since I came back at the beginning of the month. I would keep an eye on it smc and if it starts to slide buy some over here. Don't forget when we were there in may it was 2.75 which we thought was a good rate

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Exchange rate

i bought at 3.08 which I was delighted with. Since i bought a few days the rate has continued to increase slightly, I think it is now about 3.11. Still as you say Sue it was only around 2.75/2.8 in May so I am fairly happy

FALKIRK
Destination Expert
for Marmaris, Armutalan
Level Contributor
17,793 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Exchange rate

It usually steadies off in the winter months hopefully you shouldna see any massive drops its around 3.16 in resort 1 thing for sure if it stays this high or higher prices will defo go up nest summer.

Stevie

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,799 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Exchange rate

Yeah it will be good stevie if it rises Maybe we could hope for four lira to the pound lol.i got some in dalyan at 3.29 so I am pleased

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations