We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday prices 2014

scotland
Level Contributor
590 posts
Save Topic
Holiday prices 2014

just looked at a couple of quotes for holidays next summer & I think the prices have gone up considerably. Anybody else of the same opinion. Certainly dont think the holiday is worth these prices so will not be booking ...yet anyway!!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
124 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday prices 2014

try breaking it down.....dont know where you are in scotland but i have flights from edinburgh via istanbul with turkish airlines.....yes it may take a bit longer but i have my two flights for 2 adults with meals and drinks included for £475 and i have booked SC at club sun village for just over £200.

all in all i have 15 nights in sept for 2 people for under £700 which represents great value and much cheaper than some of the package deals out there!!

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,063 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday prices 2014

I think if you get in early with booking your flights it can be very reasonable. I am going late May into early June, from Edinburgh and the flights were £404 including luggage. Accomadation will be S/C around £100 and the transfer about £50. So £550 for 2 weeks is a great price.

Good time to book seemingly is around mid December when most folks have their minds on Christmas and are not booking holidays, might be worth checking

scotland
Level Contributor
590 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday prices 2014

Thanks for your replies. Your prices are half the prices I have been quoted. Dont want to go via Istanbul as we have a long enough journey to airport. The interesting point is that I always look at this time of the year but the prices are up by £4/£500from last year which I think is too much!

Washington, UK
Level Contributor
164 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday prices 2014

I think it seems to depend upon which company you are looking at. We've booked with Jet2holidays.com and it's cost us about the same as we paid for this year

Bridlington
Level Contributor
19 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday prices 2014

booked last week, with JET2 24th sept for 19 nights at Tokmak, no meals but paid for seats together, holiday is S/C, 2 adults £748.00

Teesside
Level Contributor
134 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday prices 2014

Try Loveholidays.com prices on there are still really cheap for a full package.

You may of course find a cheaper deal booking seperatley (flythomascook is a good site) but I have always been cautious about the transfers after a company didnt pick us up on the return journey!

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,203 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday prices 2014

The prices always come down considerably over the Christmas period and the beginning of January,especially Thomson and Thomas Cook.

Enfield, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Holiday prices 2014

Booked with thomson for the last two weeks august for two adults and 1 child at the pinewood for 1,630 pounds day flights from luton good value.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
641 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Holiday prices 2014

I agree about trying love holidays we booked a Thomas cook holiday for cheaper than thomas cook were selling it.

I also agree about booking after new year, we always book the first couple of days of jan x

Teesside
Level Contributor
134 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Holiday prices 2014

Thats what I will be doing waiting till christmas/ new year to book the Sinem next September.

Will probably book thorugh Thomson again as we did this year. I dont mind paying a little extra to get a package holiday.

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations