We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marti La Perla Bound in 10 Days For 1st Ever Trip Abroad.

Filey, United...
Level Contributor
146 posts
6 reviews
Marti La Perla Bound in 10 Days For 1st Ever Trip Abroad.

Off to stay at Marti La Perla for my first ever foreign holiday despite being a grand old 47. Going with my partner who has only been abraod once so we're both newbies at all this foreign business. Any tips for me? Anyone had a turkish bath at the hotel? Don;t think I'll be a 'lay by the pool' sort of person more of a get up n do something guy. What can i do? Been Lakes for last 5 years walking, any decent walks round Ichmeler. Finally for now is it Ick-melor or Ish-melor?

Thanks, look forward to your replys!

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
18 reviews
1. Re: Marti La Perla Bound in 10 Days For 1st Ever Trip Abroad.

Never stayed at Marti La Perla but it regularly gets good reviews. It's in an excellent position on the front with everything else on your doorstep.You'll find Icmeler (pronounced Itch- meler) small enough to explore on foot. Take a walk up towards the back of the resort into what is termed the Old Village. Not much of the original village left however, just a small part next to the Old Mosque. It's now mostly villas and apartments but a nice area to explore with plenty of restaurants dotted around. There is a nice walk along the promenade from Icmeler to Marmaris. Think it takes about an hour and a half but there are restaurants on the way where you can stop off for a drink/snack.

I would recommend you take a trip into the neighbouring resorts of Marmaris and Turunc. They are both very easy to get to by dolmus (local bus) or water taxi. Also be prepared to be shocked at prices at Dalaman airport on your return so take some sandwiches or fruit in case there is a delay.

Hope you have a great holiday and give us your thoughts on your return..

Level Contributor
151 posts
11 reviews
2. Re: Marti La Perla Bound in 10 Days For 1st Ever Trip Abroad.

The walk to marmaris is a nice coastal walk & there r loads of trips you can do akiaka is a nice day out on jeep & with a nixe boat trip on a lasy river very cold water but you can swim also a boat taxi to trunch is a nice trip cant help with turkish bath & you will falk in love with icmeler as we have

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
12,521 posts
53 reviews
3. Re: Marti La Perla Bound in 10 Days For 1st Ever Trip Abroad.

hi stagley the link here will give you the Pronunciation of the word icmeler. matt

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
12,521 posts
53 reviews
4. Re: Marti La Perla Bound in 10 Days For 1st Ever Trip Abroad.

missed the link off lol

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g609056-i10890-k…

5. Re: Marti La Perla Bound in 10 Days For 1st Ever Trip Abroad.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2014, 11:08
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations