We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palm Gardens studios - are they attic rooms?

lincolnshire
Level Contributor
424 posts
58 reviews
Palm Gardens studios - are they attic rooms?

Are the studios at Palm Gardens the attic rooms? Only two of us going, and Thomsons only showing studio's at the minute. Has anyone stayed in a studio and are they ok for two? Also how far are apartments from the beach please? Can't actually place where they are. Directions from Kapmar would help please.

Handforth, United...
Level Contributor
431 posts
127 reviews
1. Re: Palm Gardens studios - are they attic rooms?

Less than 10 minute walk to the beach. The studio's are mainly the attic rooms but you now have a new balcony with a view (last year they had walls). It depends how tall you are as to whether the top floor rooms would suffice. I am 6'-6" and Ali moved me within a day because I found the headroom height in the top floor rooms unsuitable. As for location, if you know where Café Anne's is on the main road? then the Palm Garden is 1 minutes walk towards the old village from there.

Stayed at Palm Garden 4 times now and have booked again for next year (we now always book a 1 bed apt even though there is only 2 of us)

Edited: 29 September 2013, 20:31
lincolnshire
Level Contributor
424 posts
58 reviews
2. Re: Palm Gardens studios - are they attic rooms?

Hi Corky1963 many thanks for the info. Me and hubby are both quite short (5'6" but hubby struggles with stairs and I assume there are no lifts? Think I place the Palm Gardens now - didn't want to be too far back in the old town due to hubby's walking problems.

On a different pont, I think you were also on the rubbish boat trip the other week? The Panorama Princess which wasn't??? We were really conned by Denis this year - it won't happen next year - will be booking with ICL from now on.

Handforth, United...
Level Contributor
431 posts
127 reviews
3. Re: Palm Gardens studios - are they attic rooms?

Hi Annie,

There are no lifts at Palm Garden it is definitely stairs. I've attached a map that shows where Palm Garden Apartments are

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms…

Some of the restaurants shown have now gone but Hanedan, Wayside and TANSAS etc. are in the right location.

Yes that was me on that horrendous trip on the SS Efkchiki (or whatever it was called). Will never use Denis again, he has let me down twice over the last 2 years. BTW Ali the owner of Palm Garden is the old owner/skipper of The Panorama Princess (he sold it to Denis and his cronies in 2003) and even he says that Denis is conning people and Panorama Princess only goes out 1 or 2 times a week (out of the main season)

Must admit it is ICL all the way for me now regarding boat trips. Adam the captain on their trips limits the people on his boat to 42. We went on the Thursday (19 of us on the boat) and on the Saturday (27 of us on the boat). Both times the food and swim stops were very good. No sell sell sell either and the real positive nobody taking photo's to sell you at the end of the trip

Wirral
Level Contributor
991 posts
30 reviews
4. Re: Palm Gardens studios - are they attic rooms?

What is ICL??? Don't want to make the same mistake. Thanks

Handforth, United...
Level Contributor
431 posts
127 reviews
5. Re: Palm Gardens studios - are they attic rooms?

ICL = Icmeler on Line.

They have an office just off the square near to the Scotia Bar.

Very helpful people.

If you Google Icmeler on line you will see the site and just click on excursions

lincolnshire
Level Contributor
424 posts
58 reviews
6. Re: Palm Gardens studios - are they attic rooms?

Thanks for the map Corky - that's great. Also, let's hope our experience of the Panorama Princess con and Denis will save others from the same fate.

Wirral
Level Contributor
991 posts
30 reviews
7. Re: Palm Gardens studios - are they attic rooms?

Thanks corky I've just looked it up. Can you book and pay when you are there or does it have to be done online?

Cheers

Handforth, United...
Level Contributor
431 posts
127 reviews
8. Re: Palm Gardens studios - are they attic rooms?

Hi tinmen,

You can just book and pay at the office in Icmeler. Just realised that the location of the ICL office is shown on the map I attached for Annie so you have an idea where it is in relation to Palm Garden

Graham

Edited: 30 September 2013, 21:18
Wirral
Level Contributor
991 posts
30 reviews
9. Re: Palm Gardens studios - are they attic rooms?

Thanks corky I will save the link. Cheers

10. Re: Palm Gardens studios - are they attic rooms?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2014, 10:50
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations