We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Icmeler holiday

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
19 reviews
Icmeler holiday

Got back from Icmeler a couple of weeks ago - first visit and it won't be the last. What a lovely relaxing place and now a toss up for me as to whether I enjoyed Hisaronu or Icmeler the most. We stayed at the Moonlight Apts which were a little way out but extremely nice. Staff were excellent we had a nice apt overlooking the smaller pool and we couldn't fault the Moonlight.

We ate at a different place every night and this is what we thought

FLORIDA - the worst of the week but still very acceptable so you will guess that we found the standard high

CHEF - very very nice food (anatolian special superb), lovely feel to the place but the wine was on the expensive side

HARRYS - mixed grill for two was really a mixed grill for 4. Very nice indeed.

LIGHTHOUSE - Disappointing. We looked forward to going here most of the week. We did pick a busy night but were disappointed to wait nearly an hour for food (the couple next to us waited over an hour). When the food came it was nice and tasty but fairly sparse on the plate compared to other places. All in all not a good experience perhaps we caught them on a bad night

KEREM - What can i say about this lovely little restaurant. 11 out of 10 for everything. The food typical turkish cuisine was excellent, the lady looking after everyone was so polite and keen to please that it just made the night go perfectly. I would recommend anyone to seek out this little place on the canal it is the one that looks like someones house. Fantastic.

CUPIDS - Very pleasant indeed. Nice food and friendly staff made it another good night.

FRIAR TUCK - On our last night we were leaving at 8-30pm so we popped down for some home cooking at Friar Tucks. Fish and chips lovely mushy peas to die for.

On the whole super food and lovely restaurants.

Some nice bars to try out - if you like 60's 70's and 80's music try Friends or Linekers or the nicest bar we found which was called Kaktos or Oscars depending on which sign you saw first. Oscars is set back a little at the top of the square and is a lovely little laid back bar worthy of as visit. Linekers is good but be aware that it is exactly the same format and the same songs in the same order almost every night ( i didn't think they were trying very hard and just expected people to fall in because of the name) Friends the liveliest and a nice relaxed atmosphere.

Would I go back - you betcha

Washington, UK
Level Contributor
169 posts
43 reviews
1. Re: Icmeler holiday

Nice report, thanks for taking the trouble to share your views!

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,802 posts
61 reviews
2. Re: Icmeler holiday

thanks for taking the time to write a review, it is a good read, roll on saturday then its my turn

Essex
Level Contributor
341 posts
45 reviews
3. Re: Icmeler holiday

A lovely review.Thank you. We liked the Kerem, felt it was like going round your Turkish Nana's for dinner. The lady was so nice.

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
99 posts
45 reviews
4. Re: Icmeler holiday

Will try out some of the places when we go on the 25th.Thanks for all the info

Balloch, United...
Level Contributor
694 posts
64 reviews
5. Re: Icmeler holiday

Thanks for writing a review of your time in Icmeler. Sounds like you had a good time and I too will need to seek out Kerem on my next visit. Sounds like another one has been infected by the Icmeler bug for which there is no cure other than to book another holiday.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,207 posts
17 reviews
6. Re: Icmeler holiday

The Kerem was the worst meal we have ever had in Icmeler since we started going in 1992!

Shame as it was a special birthday.

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,783 posts
18 reviews
7. Re: Icmeler holiday

Great review. Always good to get the views of first time visitors. Never actually been to Kerem as any time we thought about it there seemed to be mixed reviews.

Edited: 17 September 2013, 00:39
8. Re: Icmeler holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2014, 10:52
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations