We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beauty jobs

Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Topic
Beauty jobs

Does anyone know how hard it would be to get a beauty job out in icmeler and how I would find if there is any

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
748 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beauty jobs

My understanding is that it can be very difficult to get a job anywhere in Turkey.

Their policy is to employee locals except in instances where a local does not have the relevant skills. I think you also need an employer to sponsor you before you can apply for a working visa.

If you want to work in Icmeler probably the best way is to try one of the tour operators who employ reps and organise all the formalities on your behalf - however with coming into the last few weeks of the season I doubt it would be feasible this year.

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
edinburgh, scotland
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
4,958 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beauty jobs

As chezza says, it's not easy to get any kind of job in Turkey - and you get caught working illegally, you can be deported and banned from coming back to the country for several years.

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
365 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beauty jobs

how do people do it then? When we were there last year we got talking to a couple of men who were from not far from where we live, who had moved to Icmeler and made a living by doing odd jobs basically, like a care taker. doing gardens, looking after property when empty, painting etc etc. How would they get to do that as the jobs were for several different people not just one employer? One man said him and his wife had never looked back. We were so jealous. I know i have heard that you need some sort of insurance number?? proof of residence and a bank account? is that right??

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
8,814 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beauty jobs

The people you met were probably not actually working for anyone, being paid cash....... or maybe they had their own business - setting up is a nightmare of red tape.

Getting a work permit is complex. Your employer has to more or less prove that a Turk couldn't do the job plus there has to be a ratio of 5 Turk to 1 foreigner in the company. He then has to pay for the visa and all paperwork plus your equivalent of national insurance and taxes.

A lot of foreigners do work but they are working illegally and as a previous poster points out risk fines, deportation and a ban on entering the country for a varying amount of time. Also by working illegally you have no protection at all. You may not get paid and there's nothing you can do about it.

Some of the bigger hotel groups have beauty salons and spas so it may be worth contacting them for information.

Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Beauty jobs

Thank you everyone for your response a did realise a work visa was hard to get a will look onto bigger hotels and see

6. Re: Beauty jobs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2014, 11:48
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations