We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfers with HolidayTaxis.com

Co Durham
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Transfers with HolidayTaxis.com

Apologies for starting a new thread on private transfers but I would appreciate some advice about this specific company and didn't want it lost in the general thread re private transfers.

I booked transfers as part of my package (unfortunately this was before I read the thread re whether private transfers were worth it and how long non-private transfers can take!) When my paperwork came through it appears that we've been booked shuttle transfers with Holiday Taxis.com costing £50 for two of us.

I checked the Holiday Taxis.com website and a private transfer would cost £97, so I contacted my travel agent to ask if could change our booking to a private transfer, thinking I would just have to pay the difference plus a small admin fee for the change.

I was shocked when I was told that it would cost an additional £129.32 to upgrade from a shuttle to a private transfer. The alternative is that I cancel my transfers through the travel agent and arrange my own but I will be charged £25 admin fee.

I'm in a dilemma now, should I cut my losses by taking the £25 hit and arranging my own private transfer, which should be a lot cheaper than the £129 it will cost me to upgrade? Or should I just go with my original shuttle transfer and hope that Holiday taxis don't have many bookings at the same time as mine? Has anyone used Holiday Taxis - are they a really popular transfer operator between Dalaman & Icmeler? Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks

Dalgety Bay, United...
Level Contributor
895 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: Transfers with HolidayTaxis.com

Try getting a quote from DM as I'd guess cheaper than the £97 you have been quoted.Looks like you take the £25 hit as well though.

http://www.qxygene.net/reviews/

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,780 posts
18 reviews
2. Re: Transfers with HolidayTaxis.com

If you do decide to opt for a private transfer I would also recommend DM Transfers. We used them in May and had no problems. Nice new people carrier that got us to Icmeler in 1 hour 15 minutes. Cost for 2 return was £74.00 so even with the £25.00 admin charge still cheaper than what you are being asked to pay for an upgrade by your travel agent.

Edited: 10 August 2013, 18:43
3. Re: Transfers with HolidayTaxis.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2014, 10:49
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations