We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wasps

Wales
Level Contributor
293 posts
45 reviews
wasps

I stayed in icmeler last year and I really enjoyed. Looking to go back this year but was wondering if there are many wasps about like last year . This was the only downside of the holiday lsdt year.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
365 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: wasps

We were in Icmeler last year as well, the last week of Sept and 1st week of Oct and there were loads and loads of wasps and myself and 2 of my children all got stung. We were told that it was just because of the time of year as they were coming down from the mountains to find warmth as it was starting to cool down in the mountains. I have also been in July and never had a problem with them.

Balloch, United...
Level Contributor
694 posts
64 reviews
2. Re: wasps

The only time I found a problems with wasps was as fireflys says - September/October when they are dying off. We found it particularly bad at the very back of the old village where there's a lot of greenery.

nottinghamshire
Level Contributor
353 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: wasps

I have been twice in september. Never again full of them. We were laying on the beach and they were dropping from the sky. Got stung a few times. Now we stick to june its bliss then :-) I love september as well but so terrified of wasps I just carnt go :-(

GRIMSBY
Level Contributor
451 posts
13 reviews
4. Re: wasps

We go every September and the wasps are in abundance but we have got used to them over the years and don`t spoil our holiday at all.Yes i know they are a damn pain but keep smiling you`re on holiday.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
365 posts
10 reviews
5. Re: wasps

yeah we kind of got used to them in our two weeks last year, infact we found them to be worse when out at sea on the couple of boat trips we went on, not so bad when the boat was moving but a total nightmare when the boat stopped for a swim break. They were attacking everyone on the boat (i got in the water to swim and they tended to leave people in the water alone) like the above poster said just ignore them the best you can and enjoy your hols

manchester
Level Contributor
79 posts
34 reviews
6. Re: wasps

We usually go late July beginning of August and iv been stung every time , last year I was stung three times and now seem to be scared to death of them .... Can't help it as the stings seem to hurt me so much!! Won't put me off going though ,

Island of Anglesey...
Level Contributor
378 posts
34 reviews
7. Re: wasps

The wasps in fact are honey bees these usually start to die in september buy an Aspivenin from Boots its great for all bites and stings C

leeds uk
Level Contributor
191 posts
16 reviews
8. Re: wasps

hi, it has to be the time of year you are going as we have just returned and had no trouble at all, however we stayed in the centre near the beachfront, if you stay further back in the old village you are nearer the pine forests so this may be more of a problem.

CHESTER
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
7,126 posts
104 reviews
9. Re: wasps

Last year was horrendous,September in the past has been the bees,but last year wasps as well,never known it so bad,we are going back again next month,heres hoping !!

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
10. Re: wasps

what do people recommend to keep the wasps away . When they '' arrive '' it's always off putting .

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations