We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

URGENT! checking your bank balance

Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Topic
URGENT! checking your bank balance

Used a couple of cash points but none give the option of checking your balance before you choose to with draw, pay went in the other day but I'm not sure how much so I need to check. Does anyone know any that allow you to check?

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: URGENT! checking your bank balance

I don't think the Turkish ATMs actually communicate with your home bank - they just give you the money on recognition of the PIN. I've often checked my account on the internet, worth having that set up.

Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: URGENT! checking your bank balance

Hmmm :/ I tried doing that today actually but it said they needed to ring me to confirm it was me making the online account only problem was I haven't got my phone set up to be used abroad!

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: URGENT! checking your bank balance

I don't know whether they would be able to tell you if you actually went into the bank over there? Might be able to. Worth asking maybe?

Level Contributor
242 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: URGENT! checking your bank balance

hi helen

if your phone is wifi friendly you use it to check your online banking without having to set up ur phone for abroad. i do the same but with ipad.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,879 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: URGENT! checking your bank balance

You can easily check your balance if you have online banking.

Selcuk, Turkey
Level Contributor
3,448 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: URGENT! checking your bank balance

The only ATM that might possibly show your (?? UK ??) bank balance, could be HSBC. There's one here in Selcuk which offers "display bank balance" - I didn't have my NatWest card with me, but it couldn't display my Turkish bank balance.

Mentioned in this post
Selcuk
Selcuk
Izmir Province, Turkey
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
2,076 posts
309 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: URGENT! checking your bank balance

Christ! I thought by the dramatic thread header you'd been ripped off or had money stolen from your account!

Sel

Edited: 13 July 2013, 00:34
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: URGENT! checking your bank balance

That's the problem I'm having, I've never used the online banking before and tried to set it up today on the wifi but once I'd done it before I could confirm it it said "press confirm then we will ring you to confirm its you" type of thing which wouldn't work cause my phones not set up for abroad :/ I was thinking HSBC might do it but wasn't too sure, is there one in icmeler or even marmaris? Thanks guys! Sorry for the dramatic title! Haha

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,790 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: URGENT! checking your bank balance

HSBC can only check your balance if you have a HSBC account in UK. They would not be able to check accounts in other banks. Even at home the only ATM you can check your balance are the ones from your bank. Turkish ATM's are not linked to the computer system of UK banks.

Why don't you buy a phone card and ring your bank in the UK and check that way.

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,923 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: URGENT! checking your bank balance

<<You can easily check your balance if you have online banking.<<<

I agree you can acess wifi most anywhere and check your bank balance online..

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations