We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Euro or Pound?

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
85 posts
23 reviews
Euro or Pound?

Hi can you tell me if its better to take euros to change into liras or English pounds?

Many Thanks.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,956 posts
16 reviews
1. Re: Euro or Pound?

If you are from the UK there is no need to take euros, you would have to exchange twice, which makes no sense.

Take sterling and change to lira or use the ATMs to withdraw lira. You can also use sterling to buy things or for trips.

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
85 posts
23 reviews
2. Re: Euro or Pound?

We have some left over from our last hols !

Thanks.

Edited: 04 July 2013, 03:03
London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,956 posts
16 reviews
3. Re: Euro or Pound?

In that case then yes, take it. You can either change it or use it like you would sterling for trips or in shops.

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,783 posts
18 reviews
4. Re: Euro or Pound?

As you have Euros you might as well take them with you. You will be able to use them. If buying anything ask the price in Euros but make sure you are aware of the rate at the time. You could also use them in the Duty Free at Dalaman where everything is priced in Euros.

northwich
Level Contributor
282 posts
17 reviews
5. Re: Euro or Pound?

We noticed that last week all prices in Euros and super expensive, Not what I would call duty free.

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,783 posts
18 reviews
6. Re: Euro or Pound?

As a malt whisky drinker I saw a special edition malt that I quite fancied. That was until I was told the price - 2,900 Euros.

7. Re: Euro or Pound?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2014, 09:47
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations