We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Review 22/06/13 - 01/07/13 Part 1 - Very Very Long!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Review 22/06/13 - 01/07/13 Part 1 - Very Very Long!

Icmeler 22/06/13 – 01/07/13 Trip Report.

First holiday with my boyfriend and first major holiday without my parents so was quite exited/nervous. First time to Turkey as well.

Flew from Manchester on the 22nd of June with Thomas Cook, flight was due to take off at 18:30 but was delayed by 1 hour 15 mins. Flight was good, arrived at 02:00am Turkish time. Bought two bottles of Gordons Gin on the plane; two for £20.

Got through visa fairly quickly, think we were the only flight at that time. Paid via the old fashioned method of £10 note, didn’t bother with the e-visa and quite happy about that now, obviously that will be the only way in the near future. Bags took a little while to come round, my boyfriend got his and then it was my luck to be left waiting for mine. Think it was around twenty to three when my case surfaced.

Transfers with A2B, found transfer desk really well, the man gave me a map of the resort and introduced the mini bus driver, who carried my case to the bus. Only had to wait about 10-20 mins for the other 2 couples to get on the bus. Can’t remember the exact time we left the airport , around 3 o’clock I think. Transfer was as expected, had the 15 min stop off and just got out to stretch my legs. Had 3 drop offs in Marmaris, and then one in Icmeler before us, then us, leaving one couple on the mini bus who were staying in Turunc. It was 5am when we arrived, which I didn’t think was too bad.

We stayed at the Club Tokmak apartments, and were greeted by the night time guard who showed us to our room on the ground floor at the back. Really liked the room, quite spacious, very clean and modern, our balcony/patio backed onto a grassy garden area which was nice. Hired aircon and safe for £45 and £20, £5 a day for aircon and just over £2 a day for the safe. By this time it was getting light so didn’t get much sleep to be honest.

23/06/13

We had packed waffles, cereal and tea bags in our cases and so were all set for breakfast. We then walked to the ICR office as we had booked our trips through them, the heat took us by surprise, it was very very hot. Sorted the trips out and then walked back to the apartments via the supermarket. Had jam on toast for lunch on the patio, then relaxed by the pool for the rest of the day until we went for our Turkish bath – at the Mersoy Bellavista Suites. Paid £5 each for the bath, though we got given the hard sell for every other treatment under the sun. The man lowered the price for all treatments, face mask ect to £24 for both of us by the end, but we didn’t want anything extra as by this point it was nearing 5 o’clock. We really enjoyed the Turkish bath, it lasted about 1hr 30 mins in total which for £5 each is a bargain, bought one photo for 15tl. Got driven back to the apartments by the bath’s driver – that was an experience, mad driving to say the least, but got back in one piece. Didn’t want to go far for our evening meal as the lack of sleep was catching up with us. We ate at the Wayside as it was a short walk from our hotel. Food was amazing. Free bread and dip, starters of onion ring and chicken wings, mains of chicken in Jack Daniels glaze and Yoghurt Kebab, Raspberry Cheesecake to share for desert, water, ice tea and cherry juice. Bill was just over 90 lira. Strolled back to the apartment and fell asleep nearly straight away.

24/06/13

Spent morning by the pool, relaxing and talking to other guests. Had lunch at the pool bar, food was good. I had a chicken donner wrap and my boyfriend had a pasta dish, with a water and cherry juice this came to 30tl. We then freshened up and walked down to the beach via the square and took some photos. Got an ice cream each on the beach front 5tl each for two scoops, was lovely and refreshing. Our first impressions of the resort so far were that it was very clean, picturesque and really pleasant to stroll round. Even though we were staying quite far back (near the market) we felt that nothing was too far away. On the way back we stopped at tansas for shopping and Alins for a roast chicken at 11tl. We made pasta and stir fry veg and the cooked chicken was delicious. We then headed to Nazar Café which was so relaxing and very pretty. We just ordered drinks (ice tea, water, effes, cherry juice, Turkish tea x2, and melon shisha. 40tl for a nice relaxing evening in a great setting listening to Turkish music.

25/06/13

Went on the Turtle beach/Mud baths boat trip, picked up at 8:15am (first ones on the mini bus). Picked up everyone else then off to Marmaris Harbour to board the boat – Neptune Express. Lovely boat trip 2.5 hours to turtle beach with swim stop and lunch. Ordered chips with lunch and ice tea and water. Took our own drinks (frozen water) in my bag, even though there were signs up saying not to bring your own drinks. Lunch was nice, chicken, pasta, salad and bread roll. We transferred onto smaller boats then to get to the beach. Had one hour on turtle beach, really lovely scenery, swam in the sea for a while. Sand was red hot! Nearly burnt my feet. Back onto the smaller boats again for a trip up the river past the tombs to the mud baths. Small boats were selling water for 1lira so got a couple of bottles for the journey. Mud baths were fun, if a bit smelly but it was a great experience and we saw a couple of baby turtles in the water near the baths. Back on the small boats to the Neptune Express, and another 2 hours journey back to Marmaris harbour. Paid the drinks bill on board, just under 30lira – I’d say very expensive for chips, one bottle of water and an ice tea. Transfers back to the hotel were a faff so to say, only one mini bus bound for Icmeler showed up at first and so half of us were left behind, another bus showed up 10 mins later though. Went to Meryem Yemek Evi for our evening meal. Bread, mezze dips and salad to start, chicken donner and adana kebab for mains, effes, water and Turkish tea x2 for 42tl. Bargain and the food was amazing, really filling and very fresh.

26/06/13

Spent the morning by the pool – seeing a pattern here? Had lunch in the apartment and then headed down t0 the beach for the afternoon. Got sunbeds at Beach 34 and ordered pineapple juice, ice tea and a cheeseburger and chips (for the greedy boyfriend), with two ice lollys for the walk back this cost 27tl. Beach was nice and well kept in this area, sea became deep quite quickly though so I didn’t go out too far. Tea was at the Three Bells near Romance (I think there are two?). Free garlic bread to start, boyfriend had some kind of kebab (think it may have been Beyti?) and I had one of the Korean dishes – Go Chu Jang Bok Im with extra chilli’s in the sauce. Effes x2, water, cherry juice and x2 Turkish tea. Total 63tl. The waiter accidently undercharged us on the bill and wrote 43lira but I called him over and explained his mistake. Lovely meal all in all, I loved the sauce that my dish came in and my boyfriends kebab was so tender. We have a habit of stealing bits of each other’s food and so always order two different dishes.

27/06/13

Another morning by the pool. Lunch at the pool bar again, pizza for boyfriend and chicken sandwich for me with water and cherry juice 31tl. Walked down to the beach at about 1 o’clock and caught the taxi boat to Marmaris, 10tl one way each. Had a look round the marina and went up to the castle which was closed for renovations which was a bit of a shame. Got cornered by “Castle Mama” and had to buy a keyring, bless. Got the dolmus back to Icmeler 2.5tl one way. Marmaris marina area is lovely and the bazaar was nice to look round window shopping at but it was too warm to walk any further round Marmaris and it’s such a big place I wouldn’t have know where to start. Decided on Coco Beach for tea as we had passed it on the beach front. Bread roll and olive oil dip to start, boyfriend had a pasta dish and I had the “Sizzler” pizza. Free slice of cake was a nice touch after the meal, slice was small, but for free you can’t complain. Efes dark x2 and water, total cost for the meal 49tl. Had a cocktail each at Mitos bar on the canal after the meal, frozen banana daiquiri and a San Francisco, 12tl and 10tl. Definitely alcohol in these cocktails I can tell you.

Will post the rest as a part 2 as it is all very long!! Sorry about that!

Hayley

Chester
Level Contributor
235 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Review 22/06/13 - 01/07/13 Part 1 - Very Very Long!

Enjoying the review, thanks for posting, now going to part two.

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Review 22/06/13 - 01/07/13 Part 1 - Very Very Long!

Great review you must have kept a diary on holiday to remember all that. Off to read post 2 thanks for taking the time to post

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,778 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Review 22/06/13 - 01/07/13 Part 1 - Very Very Long!

Great detailed review Hayley. Need to have a coffee before I start Part 2.

scotland
Level Contributor
1,075 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Review 22/06/13 - 01/07/13 Part 1 - Very Very Long!

Brilliant post Hayley, thank you. Soooo excited now

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Review 22/06/13 - 01/07/13 Part 1 - Very Very Long!

I just took a note pad and wrote notable stuff down. :) No problem everyone, I really enjoyed reading last years reviews to get me in the holiday mood.

harrogate
Level Contributor
52 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Review 22/06/13 - 01/07/13 Part 1 - Very Very Long!

brilliant! in holiday mood now! going to part 2

yorkshire
Level Contributor
12,488 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Review 22/06/13 - 01/07/13 Part 1 - Very Very Long!

great read :)

matt

8. Re: Trip Review 22/06/13 - 01/07/13 Part 1 - Very Very Long!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2014, 10:49
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations