We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather/heat??

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
weather/heat??

Hi we are heading off in just less then 3 weeks, but ive just read on here that 2 weeks ago it was 46d. Heat!!wow thats hot...ive been to tunisia, italy, portugal etc but its never been that hot, how bareable is that heat, does it feel that hot, or is it bareable with some breeze, we wont be out in the midday sun, but 46 is hot....time to restock the suncream, lol..

leeds uk
Level Contributor
190 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather/heat??

Hi

It will be red hot when your there but the temperature most people talk about like that would be in a sun trap, weve seen it at 51 but it was in a bar placed in a corner with nop breeze, if your on the beach it will be cooler with a steady breeze if your lucky, if not have plenty of water and stay near a pool for a dip, enjoy the sun because it looks like we wont get much over here again!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: weather/heat??

and also consider about humidity. Its hot but not "dry" hot there. You will sweat a lot. Stay near beach inday times as recommended. Use correct sun cream (high degree). If its possible dont stay under sun between 11 to 3 o clock (stay under parasol on beach). As long as you will be on the beach you will not feel if its 40 degree or 50 degree. You will have air condition in your room so you can sleep well. Dont worry, its fun!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,788 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather/heat??

Also when you see the temperature gauge check where it is placed - the gauge should not be sitting in the direct sun but in the shade to get the correct reading or check sites like Accu weather where the temp at the moment for Turkey is highest over the next few weeks 38.

Use the shade , a high factor sun cream and drink lots and lots of water. I must say July and Aug in Turkey is way too hot for me and fortunately I can go outside school holidays so go in June and Sept when it is around 28-31 which is plenty for me. If I had to go in July / Aug I am afraid Turkey would be off the list as was there once the last two weeks in June and found it too much but then I am a very pale redhead so not made for high temps I suppose !

Edited: 30 June 2013, 16:14
Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather/heat??

Thanks woody, and yep I think your right the sun is nowhere to be seen over here, lol...thankyou I am taking the kids so was getting a bit worried if it would be tooo hot to do much, but I think we should be fine, I dont think there will be many complaints about having to lay in the sun and dip in the pool to cool down, lol...

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,203 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather/heat??

Everywhere in Europe seems to be several degrees higher than normal this year.

We were in Icmeler in May and found the heat and humidity unbearable at times.

We were in Austria 2 weeks ago and the temperature there was 43c one day which is way above normal temperatures for June.

As long as you are sensible and dont under estimate the strength of the sun you should be fine.

Mentioned in this post
Europe
Europe
World
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
Austria
Austria
Europe
Balloch, United...
Level Contributor
694 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather/heat??

I have just returned and yes it was very hot. Last week it was 30 degrees by 10 a.m. and still 30 at 10 p.m. with much higher temperatures in between .I normally go May/June and was about 3 weeks later and noticed a considerable difference in the temperature. Locals said it was hotter than usual for this time of year. I felt it was too hot to go out wandering about so spent most of my time in the pool or lying under an umbrella. Some days there was a wind but it was a warm wind so not very refreshing. We did have someone in the apartments get sunstroke so as others say just take the usual precautions by drinking plenty water and using lots of sun cream and keep out of the midday sun. Hope you have a great time.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,877 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weather/heat??

Don't worry it wont be 46, that is a temperature taken in the sun and is accurate. The highest is likely to be high 30s but that is very hot so yes, take lots of sun cream!

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: weather/heat??

Thankyou everyone, I guess we will have to see, as long as shade is available then hopefully we will be alright.., thankyou everyone as long as it doesnt feel like 40s everywhere, 30s. And then shade and sea, water I think we will feel alright in that....

9. Re: weather/heat??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2014, 10:48
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler