We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Icemelar for the first time

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
47 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Icemelar for the first time

Hi:)

Me and my girlfriend are heading to icemelar for the first time at the end of this month for a week, first time ive ever been to turkey just looking for a bit of advice on how much spending money etc we should take ive just changed over £500 and got 1415 lira for that. How long will that last we will be looking at eating out every day and night nothing to fancy, having a few drinks on the night time aswell and maybe 1 trip?

Any adivce would be much appreciated

Cheers Terry:)

Harlow, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Icemelar for the first time

Been to Icmeler many times think you will do fine with £500!

Gateshead, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Icemelar for the first time

Hi Terry, i would say try & budget yourselves to £100 per day if u can for the 2 of yous & that should be more than enough to do everything you want to do,enjoy your hols.

Canterbury, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Icemelar for the first time

we had a meal there and it was about £13 for the two of us with drinks .It is cheaper to eat out than UK. that should be plenty depends how much shopping you do for watches bags ect as all the fakes are great at the market there 3 prada bags for £20 OF COURSE THEY ARE FAKES BUT GOOD ONES. change any money over there, but most places take englsh money there are lots of money exchange shops much better rate than UK. Taxi boats to Marmaris is a good day out for 10 Lira each way. over there you were getting nearly 3 Lira to the pound.or you can go on the dolmus bus for 2.5 lIRA eac but boat trip is worth spending the extra money. Take plenty of suntan lotion it was 46 degrees when we wre there 2 weeks ago. Have a great time.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,205 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Icemelar for the first time

Dont use the change offices as they have been known to rip you off.

We change our money at small supermarkets,bars and restaurants.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
47 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Icemelar for the first time

Ha yea that was my next question what's the fakes like I was going to take a extra 100 or so for myself for some new clobber! I've heard the heat is ridiculous that is perfect for the other half not so much for me!! Is there water sports available out there?

Cheers terry

leeds uk
Level Contributor
190 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Icemelar for the first time

Hi Terry

youll find the usual water sports found on most beaches, just remember to haggle for the best price and be prepared to walk away, they/ll call you back for a better deal, we go on the 19th july for two weeks, when are you going??

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
47 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Icemelar for the first time

Ahh great so what's the jet ski prices like etc ? What should I be aiming to pay ? Ha we go 29th July for a week so we will be there same time :)

Edited: 30 June 2013, 16:03
Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,093 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Icemelar for the first time

In July you will almost certainly need to buy air conditioning for your apartment/hotel which is usually around £35 per week plus about £10 for a safe deposit box

Typical cost of a chicken meal with a drink each is around 50/55lira which is about £17

Balloch, United...
Level Contributor
694 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Icemelar for the first time

As a word of caution I would suggest you check your travel insurance to ensure it covers any sport you intend to undertake. I wouldn't consider jet skiing and extreme sport but they may do. Whilst on the ferry boat from Marmaris last week jet skiers were in the bay having fun. Hope you enjoy Icmeler like the rest of us - believe me it is addictive.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,205 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Icemelar for the first time

We paid 47TL for a chicken meal for 2 in Alins.

It was almost half the price of some restaurants and just as good.

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations