We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swimming sea and pools and snorkelling in Icmeler

London,England
Level Contributor
34 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Swimming sea and pools and snorkelling in Icmeler

Hi, we really enjoy snorkelling and swimming in the sea. Does anyone have experience of this in Icmeler and can tell me where the best places are to go in the area? Most of the pictures seem to show people sunbathing but not in the sea.

Also is the beach safe for a weak swimmer i.e is it shallow or deep straight away? Are there any dangerous fish to avoid ?

Also are there hotels that have good clean and nice pools that are quieter or don't have children you can use if you drink or eat there?

Thanks.

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
East Yorkshire
Level Contributor
59 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swimming sea and pools and snorkelling in Icmeler

Hi, great sea for swimming warm generally very calm, also some great boat trips available to book in resort such as lazy day were you go to different bays with swim stops so plenty of opportunity for some great snorkelling and diving jumping off the boat, we did 2 boat trips last year very good value around £27 for the lazy day for a family of 4 and that included lunch which was very tasty, also picked up and dropped of at your apartments.

don't think there is any dangerous fish or jelly fish, if your lucky you might see some dolphins or turtles but plenty of fish to be seen.

enjoy your precious holiday time!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
584 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swimming sea and pools and snorkelling in Icmeler

Im not a strong swimmer, the sea is quite calm and you can walk out quite a bit before you can no longer touch the bottom with your feet.

No dangerous fish that i am aware of but there are the fish that nibble at your feet, free pedicure lol.

Dont know about snorkelling as i dont do it myself but do see plenty others with their gear, as mentioned would imagine you would see more life out on the boat trips.

Most places will let you use their pool if you purchase food and drink there and as for no kids well thats the million dollor question. I dont know if the adult only places would allow it or not i suppose you can only ask and it would depend if the guests complained about it

northwich
Level Contributor
277 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swimming sea and pools and snorkelling in Icmeler

I have done some basic snorkelling in the roped off areas and found there is hardly any fish to look at, There are a few silver ones but that is all I have seen. There are the feet nibblers but these are tiny and on the shore line.

Probably better off going further out on a boat trip.

London,England
Level Contributor
34 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Swimming sea and pools and snorkelling in Icmeler

Thanks for all the information. Sound like there is something for all of us.

5. Re: Swimming sea and pools and snorkelling in Icmeler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2014, 10:48
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler