We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Some new entertainment at last.

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,778 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Some new entertainment at last.

Just returned from a very pleasant evening's entertainment at The Venice. We usually leave before it starts as I'm fed up with Michael Jackson, etc. but tonight was different. A Whirling Dervish with a modern twist and a novelty acrobat. For those who like it they still have the dancing waiters. They say they realise people are getting bored with the Michael Jackson, Robot stuff and will be trying out different things during the season.

stoke-on-trent
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Some new entertainment at last.

sounds good Iain..... might give it a whirl...excuse the pun. lol. be good to see some thing different, will they be at the venice only or will the be touring different venues. thanks......Gavin.

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,778 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Some new entertainment at last.

I think they will tour about the different places. I know the acrobat has been in 3 Bells. Not sure about the Dervish as it seems he's just arrived in Icmeler and is still sorting out contracts. His act is quite spectacular.

Edited: 25 May 2013, 16:06
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Some new entertainment at last.

Hi Iain

Glad to hear that you had a pleasant evening. It's a rarity to see anything traditional in any of the resorts these days unless, it's a 'turkish night'!

It's a great shame that most establishments tend to put on silly shows which have nothing in common with their own culture. Most people would probably prefer to watch the traditional dances as they are very entertaining. I also feel that it would be a lot of fun and very educational for our children to take part in and experience this more often.

They should keep the nightclubs and most of the bars as they are, but feel there should be more bars/restuarants that aren't afraid to play their own excellent music. Some of us, like to get a real feel for the country we're in!

Nil

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,778 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Some new entertainment at last.

I wouldn't go so far as to say it was truly traditional. It was a Whirling Dervish but jazzed up a bit for entertainment. However very good and a nice change from the usual stuff.

5. Re: Some new entertainment at last.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2014, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations