We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking like a scruff

Bridlington, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
20 reviews
looking like a scruff

Is it wise to buy a iron in icmeler, was going to buy a cheap on here but no room in luggage what's so ever, has anyone ever bought one if so were from and rough price please

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,207 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: looking like a scruff

Just take a coat hanger in case the ones in your hotel are those fastened on the rail and hang your clothes in the bathroom and the steam will take the creases out.

Bridlington, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
20 reviews
2. Re: looking like a scruff

Does that really work lol I'll give it ago would still like a iron

ipswich
Level Contributor
22 posts
3. Re: looking like a scruff

the school lessons just came back to me when i saw this.you will only get steam if the air is cold and the water is boiling and if you go in summer the air is warm and you dont get a really hot shower

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,223 posts
214 reviews
4. Re: looking like a scruff

You could always take your clothes to one of the little laundries - there are several all over Icmeler - they come back beautifully washed and ironed and very reasonable cost too

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,207 posts
17 reviews
5. Re: looking like a scruff

I never iron on holiday and just put the clothes on a hanger in the shower room.It works for me. I usually try and buy clothes that dont crease as I hate ironing.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,961 posts
15 reviews
6. Re: looking like a scruff

I gave up taking an iron on holiday years ago. If you roll your clothes carefully and unpack as soon as you get there most of the creases should drop out fairly quickly. I don't take anything that creases too much though.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
12,529 posts
53 reviews
7. Re: looking like a scruff

thats what we do kedi, roll clothes and take out as soon as we arrive. matt

Dalgety Bay, United...
Level Contributor
896 posts
25 reviews
8. Re: looking like a scruff

For some obscure reason known only to her the OH wraps clothes in tissue paper to keep them from creasing.I never notice whether it does or not.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,809 posts
46 reviews
9. Re: looking like a scruff

Yes Don it does make a difference ..... well I do it too with some items - a layer of tissue paper ( saved from shopping or dry cleaners during the year ) in the item as you fold it and I think it does make a difference. The other tip I got years ago and does work is pack the items you are most concerned about on the bottom of your case and then layer the heavy items like shoes / bags / washbag / books etc on top as they act like a press on the clothes and stop them moving about in transit which is what really causes the creases.

Like others I try not to bring things that will crease too much eg 100% Viscose whereas Linen looks fine a bit creased and polyester does not crease at all and I also agree that the creases come out in the bathroom with the steam from the shower. I also find that when you get to Turkey these things don;'t matter as much as they would at home and you are less concerned about a crease or two.

Edited: 09 May 2013, 19:26
Bridlington, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
20 reviews
10. Re: looking like a scruff

Thanks everyone for replys I'll try the roll and shower trick, after a few efes I guess I won't notice to much cheers everyone, 13 may 6 o,clock and were off

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations