We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATM -Money withdrawel - will I get charged??

Orpington,Kent
Level Contributor
19 posts
25 reviews
ATM -Money withdrawel - will I get charged??

Hi

I am taking Lira with me but I will need access to my money once I arrive in Icmeler - If I need to with draw cash will I get charged at all?

Many thanks

Kay

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,782 posts
18 reviews
1. Re: ATM -Money withdrawel - will I get charged??

It's down to what your own bank charges for foreign withdrawals. Check with your bank what their charges will be and if need be open a different account. Also make sure you let your bank know you will be using your card in Turkey so it is not blocked as a dodgy transaction.

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
2. Re: ATM -Money withdrawel - will I get charged??

I use my halifax clarity credit card and there is no fee to withdraw money and the rate is better in the resort

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,104 posts
46 reviews
3. Re: ATM -Money withdrawel - will I get charged??

There are some minimal charges using the Halifax clarity card, just make sure you pay back what you withdraw fairly quickly to minimise costs even more. Halifax seems to be the best card for going abroad

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
4. Re: ATM -Money withdrawel - will I get charged??

The only charge for the halifax is the interest. Last year I was charged 90p interest for withdrawing 500 pound

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
5. Re: ATM -Money withdrawel - will I get charged??

I have a current account with Halifax.. do you think the same will apply?

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
6. Re: ATM -Money withdrawel - will I get charged??

No it doesnt apply but you can apply for a clarity card on line. Then at least when you come home you can pay it off straight away

Balloch, United...
Level Contributor
694 posts
64 reviews
7. Re: ATM -Money withdrawel - will I get charged??

As a word of caution I would say do not rely on one card. I have known people to have had difficulties using some of the ATMs when the machines has been unable to read the chip and were therefore unable to process the transaction. I also use a Halifax Clarity card and for a withdrawal of £800 was only charged £1.20 interest as I paid it off immediately I came home. Whereas having previously used my Halifax Debit Card I was charged £1.50 per transaction.

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
8. Re: ATM -Money withdrawel - will I get charged??

Thats a good point tina turbo, we have a joint account so we keep one in the safe

Orpington,Kent
Level Contributor
19 posts
25 reviews
9. Re: ATM -Money withdrawel - will I get charged??

I have a Natwest Visa Debit card.

I will ask my bak today and inform them I and going away.

Kay

Darwen, United...
Level Contributor
172 posts
14 reviews
10. Re: ATM -Money withdrawel - will I get charged??

I find if I withdraw £'s I do not get charges but using my debit card in an ATM or to buy from shops I get charged a fee which varies to how much I withdraw

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations