We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Icmeler Addicts Unite !!

Whitley Bay, United...
Level Contributor
931 posts
54 reviews
Icmeler Addicts Unite !!

We booked our first trip to Icmeler in february thsi year and leave on Monday. In the last 4 days I have spoken to several folk (one of whom I work with) who have all been to Icmeler and swear they wouldn't now go anywhwre else. I don't think I've really ever felt that way about a holiday destination except for Thailand (we've now been there 3 times) and the Maldives (can't afford to go back!!)

Just wondered WHAT it was about Icmeler that kept you returning year after year.

H

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,802 posts
61 reviews
1. Re: Icmeler Addicts Unite !!

I have been 13 times and going again In 16 days. It is a beautiful resort with a lovely promenade and canals. The turkish people are very friendly and will go out of their way to make your holiday special. The food is superb. I could go on forever I just love it

Winsford, United...
4 posts
2. Re: Icmeler Addicts Unite !!

We have been to turkey 36 times but the great place of Icmeler is special we go back on the 11th June for the 15th time and cannot wait it is like a magnet never tire hope that you feel the same as we do .

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,782 posts
18 reviews
3. Re: Icmeler Addicts Unite !!

Same sentiments as Sue. We return for the 11th time next month. This time for 3 weeks. I love to go out on the balcony each morning knowing the weather will be fine. Considering the weather we get here at times that in itself makes it worth the journey. We've also been to a few other resorts in Turkey but still prefer Icmeler.

Edited: 27 April 2013, 20:47
Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,216 posts
214 reviews
4. Re: Icmeler Addicts Unite !!

We always said we'd never keep going back to the same place on holiday, but that was before we discovered Icmeler. It's hard to explain, but it does have something special about it - the people are very friendly and welcoming, we have made some good friends there - and it amazes me how they remember you even if you've maybe only been in their bar once a few years back! It just has a charm all of its own...

Essex
Level Contributor
341 posts
45 reviews
5. Re: Icmeler Addicts Unite !!

We are going back this year for the third time. I travel with my teenage daughter and feel really safe in Icmeler. Nothing is too much trouble for anyone. Everything is easy. Nice apartments, nice restaurants, nice people. Roll on August.

scotland
Level Contributor
1,093 posts
51 reviews
6. Re: Icmeler Addicts Unite !!

I too said I would never go to the same place twice and yet here we go again in 71 sleeps:))

Been looking for something for October and trying to steer away from Turkey as there are other places we haven't been but, being honest, nothing else gets me excited as much as the thought of going back does.

Good weather, good food, lovely people and a relaxed, laid back pace of life...everything you could hope for on a holiday.

Winsford, United...
4 posts
7. Re: Icmeler Addicts Unite !!

That is so nice to i agree with everything been said roll on 6 weeks

northwich
Level Contributor
282 posts
17 reviews
8. Re: Icmeler Addicts Unite !!

Used to go to Majorca every year but been to Icmeler for the last 3 years and going out again on the 14th June.

Everything on the above messages is why we love the place.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
597 posts
24 reviews
9. Re: Icmeler Addicts Unite !!

I guess you will find out for yourself soon enough ha ha!!

Enjoy your hol, we all you know you will

58 days and counting until i return, been going to Icmeler since 2001!

Balloch, United...
Level Contributor
694 posts
64 reviews
10. Re: Icmeler Addicts Unite !!

There's too many positives to mention and I agree with all that has already been said. Just be prepared for a very large doze of Icmeleritis, which once you get it cannot be cured other than to keep going back for your next fix! Unfortunately, I am unable to go in May, as I usually do, and I am utterly miserable at the thought.

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations