We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Julian Forest Suites: how far out of town?

manchester
Level Contributor
531 posts
Save Topic
Julian Forest Suites: how far out of town?

We are looking for a cheap October half term break. The Julian Forest is coming out a great price and look lovely, but just how far out of town are they? We don't mind a walk, but how far do you think we are looking at and are there any bars along the way? I have read that the dolmus stops nearby but not sure what time this runs to towards the end of October.

The other place that is also coming up reasonable price is Marmaris Park, but this also looks a fair way out of town!

Mentioned in this post
Julian Forest Suites
Julian Forest Suites
1,942 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
Marmaris Park Hotel
Marmaris Park Hotel
1,271 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
scotland
Level Contributor
1,068 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Julian Forest Suites: how far out of town?

Never stayed there myself but our friends did and had to get a taxi into the resort every day. It's as far back in the resort as you can go although it is very nice once there. They loved it and would go back so it wasn't too inconvenient for them but a bit of a trek to visit them lol.

Hope this helps.

Balloch, United...
Level Contributor
694 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Julian Forest Suites: how far out of town?

The Julian Forest is at the very back of the old village and at a leisurely pace I would say it is approx 25-30 minutes walk. The dolmus terminus is right beside Greenworld which is next door to Julian Forest. I cannot say how late it runs as we used to get a taxi back. I don't want to put you off but at that time of year the wasps as dying off and are at their worst. The complex is beside a wooded area and we were seriously troubled by wasps/bees and we were all stung several times. That was enough to put us off and we haven't been back to Greenworld. I have to say that wasps at that time of the year can be a problem in general but we found it worse at Greenworld.

Edited: 23 April 2013, 22:06
Mentioned in this post
Julian Forest Suites
Julian Forest Suites
1,942 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
north wales
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Julian Forest Suites: how far out of town?

Have to agree about the wasps, we also stayed at the Julian forest inOctober and they were really bad, it is as far back to the forest as you can get, would not go inOctober at all. Try for somewhere more central in October.

Mentioned in this post
Julian Forest Suites
Julian Forest Suites
1,942 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
manchester
Level Contributor
531 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Julian Forest Suites: how far out of town?

thanks for your replies. Do you have any good suggestions for reasonable priced all inclusive hotels in the centre. We stayed in turunc a few years ago and though we loved it the village was closing down towards the end!

Balloch, United...
Level Contributor
694 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Julian Forest Suites: how far out of town?

The Vela hotel in the square is reasonably priced for All Inclusive but I cannot comment on it as I have not stayed there. The Kapmar gets a good name but I think it is B/B. Icmeler Online have some good deals on at the moment and it might be worth your while contacting them.

Mentioned in this post
Vela Hotel Icmeler
Vela Hotel Icmeler
463 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
Kapmar Hotel
Kapmar Hotel
620 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
Icmeler
Icmeler
Marmaris District, Turkey
Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Julian Forest Suites: how far out of town?

The Aqua is probably the best AI but is a little pricey. To be fair with all the good restaurants which are well priced you may find an apartment to be a better option. There are plenty of apartments near the centre, Alvaro, Avlu 1 etc which have great reviews.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Aqua
Hotel Aqua
2,676 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
Alvaro
Alvaro
390 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
manchester
Level Contributor
531 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Julian Forest Suites: how far out of town?

The Aqua looks lovely but sadly is out of our price range. I have just looked on Icmeler Online, thanks for that, and The Mersoy Exclusive is the only all inclusive hotel but to be honest the reviews don't look too good but it seems to be in a good location. Any opinions of anybody who has stayed here would be welcome!

To be honest I prefer self catering but our friends like all inclusive so they can budget. The prices for some of the self catering apartments are so cheap, it surely cannot be that expensive to eat and drink out. Does anybody know the average price of a bottle of efes at the moment?

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Aqua
Hotel Aqua
2,676 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
Icmeler
Icmeler
Marmaris District, Turkey
Balloch, United...
Level Contributor
694 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Julian Forest Suites: how far out of town?

According to other posts it seems to be between 5-7 lira for Efes.

Scotland
Level Contributor
319 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Julian Forest Suites: how far out of town?

Cocoa, we stayed in the Mersoy 4, maybe 5 years ago and didn't have any complaints apart from the lack of evening entertainment. Prefer S/C now but would go back if need be.

manchester
Level Contributor
531 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Julian Forest Suites: how far out of town?

Thanks. will take a closer look at the reviews for the mersoy. Apart from the fact that our friends want all inclusive, we are also thinking that towards the end of the season it will be easier if things start to close down to be AI, rather than trawling around with the kids looking for somewhere open! We will be going out every day at some point.

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations