We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just 9 more days and getting a BIT anxious ...

Whitley Bay, United...
Level Contributor
928 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Just 9 more days and getting a BIT anxious ...

Never been to Icmeler before and we leave in 9 days time for a 10 night stay. I'm just woried now that as it's the start of the season that nothing at all will be open and that our hotel (Devamli) is going to turn out to be a nightmare. I usually get the jitters before we travel and to be brutally honest we got a REALLY good deal on this booking in February with Thomson) Can anyone set my mind at rest. We're a couple in our 50's so NOT looking for nightclubs etc just a bit of sun, and some nice food in the evenings and some time to catch up with each other.

To all who travel soon (and even to those who don't !!) have a fab time in Icmeler and bring back LOADS of happy memories.

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
Devamli Hotel
Devamli Hotel
218 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
1. Re: Just 9 more days and getting a BIT anxious ...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 04 May 2013, 15:00
Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,031 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just 9 more days and getting a BIT anxious ...

Absolutley no need to panic. yes the resort is quiet but there are still bars open as well as restaurants. More and more will be opening the week that you are there.

On the plus side the resort will be shiny and new. the Devalmi is a good hotel in a great location so you should have no issues there. Weather at the moment is warm during the day however it is much cooler at night and you almost certainly need a light jacket at night

marmaris is just along the road about a 15 minute dolmus ride away and is a much busier resort. It is worthwhile going through for the day and going to the marina and the bazaar

have a great time when you get there and remember to let us know how you are getting on, prices of food and drink etc

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just 9 more days and getting a BIT anxious ...

Have a brilliant time, sure you will love it. As has been said, the Devalmi is in a great location for Icmeler town and a short walk in the opposite direction and you can be in the Old Village which is lovely and peaceful, mountain backdrop and probably some locals working on their land. I doubt there will be much going in there apart from some apartments open for business. There is a thread on ICR from someone out there at the moment and they have said that there are a few places open at the moment but more getting ready, no matter what is available to you I am sure you will have a fantastic relaxing time.

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
edinburgh, scotland
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
4,953 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just 9 more days and getting a BIT anxious ...

Seagull, I'm sure you will have a fantastic time in Icmeler. As the others have already said, the Devamli is a lovely hotel in a fantastic location. More and more places are opening their doors every day, and the weather will be getting a bit warmer too, so I'm sure you will have nothing to worry about. Relax, have a great holiday - and don't forget to let us all know how you get on!

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
Devamli Hotel
Devamli Hotel
218 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
5. Re: Just 9 more days and getting a BIT anxious ...

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 04 May 2013, 15:01
6. Re: Just 9 more days and getting a BIT anxious ...

Removed on: 04 May 2013, 15:01
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
95 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just 9 more days and getting a BIT anxious ...

You will have a great time. We usually have a week in May and the weather is just right, not to hot. Almost everything will be open and being the beginning of the season you can get a bit of rain but this will not spoil the holiday it only lasts for 30 minutes and everything smells so fresh. The only problem you will have is becoming addicted to the place, like so many others including me.

Have a wonderful holiday and try the boat trips, lazy day is well worth trying.

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,795 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just 9 more days and getting a BIT anxious ...

The season is starting early this year, i wouldnt worry there are plenty of places open already

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just 9 more days and getting a BIT anxious ...

Send me your tickets and I will go !! lol

Icmeler is amazing...the people are so friendly..you will never go anywhere else once you've been here ! enjoy it!

Go to the love boat its great !!

Edited: 20 April 2013, 03:49
Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
Whitley Bay, United...
Level Contributor
928 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just 9 more days and getting a BIT anxious ...

THANK YOU all so very much. I'm really looking forward to this holiday as we need some time away after a stressful year (my sister in law has had cancer, my sister has been very poorly with an autoimmune disease and I've recently returned to work after a year away with chronic back problems) I think as ever it's just last minute nerves.

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations