We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage Labels

Gateshead, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Luggage Labels

Hi all,hope i dont confuse anyone with this but here goes-i have booked this yrs hols with travel republic,the flight is through thompsons but flying with jet2 so who do i get the luggage labels off,any feedback will be appreciated,thanx

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,149 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luggage Labels

I didn't think you still got luggage labels - not seen them for years. Why not just use your own luggage tags and that way you would avoid any confusion?

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,778 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luggage Labels

Not seen luggage labels for a while. That's why you now see a lot of cases with coloured ribbons, etc so people can identify their cases on the carousel.

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luggage Labels

i saw some labels in poundland the other day, cheap enough

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,913 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luggage Labels

I don't think any companies give out luggage labels theses days. Just buy some coloured luggage tags in WH Smith and write the details on them.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luggage Labels

You can buy the luggage lables from the pound shop or you can get a case scrap, you can also get them from poundshop/poundland... I seen a holiday package in there the other day. Passport cover, luggage lable & a luggage strap worth alook to see if they have them in your local pound/land shop ;-) xx

Tyne and Wear
Level Contributor
617 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luggage Labels

We go on holiday abroad a few times a year and have never used luggage labels for years. We use a coloured strap around the holdalls so it is easier to identify them on the carousel.

Also it is not worth buying a passport cover because in our experience we were always asked to remove the passoprt from the cover at passport control.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,093 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luggage Labels

Luggage labels went out along with free meals on charter airlines

Fife, Scotland
Level Contributor
43 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Luggage Labels

I make my own, print them off and laminate them

Dunoon, Scotland
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Luggage Labels

That's funny, I asked the same question the other day, and was looked at with confused expressions, I don't think u get luggage tags now, like someone previously said I think putting differnt coloured ribbons on your luggage so u spot it x

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,800 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Luggage Labels

Luggage labels are still provided by some companies who still issue paper rather than email tickets - Direct Holidays part of T Cook are one for sure. This is just to help them load the cases in logical order on the transfer coach but other than that why do you need them? All cases come with a label attached so you shouldn't need to buy any. Make sure your name and contact phone number is on it and that's all you need. Don't put your home address on as you are then telling all and sundry that your house in the UK is empty!

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations